White film inside mouth - thrush?

Since tuesday i've had this weird white film just inside the corners of my mouth, my mother reckons its thrush but i've had a look on the net and it could be one of several yeast infections.

i can't get a doctors appointment for 3 weeks! should i just get some of that cansestan once?

Biker chick Damsel! stacey86

Re: White film inside mouth - thrush?

Noooo. You can't put canesten in your mouth.

It sounds like thrush but your Gp will have to prescribe some antibiotics. Get it sorted soon hun as it can turn very painful.

Hope it clears up soon xx

My butterfly born 03/11/06.

My 2nd butterfly born 24/10/11

but where would it turn painful? i don't have any problems down there, just this film in my mouth.

could i try and flush it out by drinking lots of water?

Damsel Diva

you wouldn't necessarily have it down below too.
    If its only been since Tuesday it might clear up with immune boosting - vit. c & zinc etc. Avoid bread and eat a tonne of natural yoghurt. If it is thrush it will get sore, and its probably worth getting an emergancy appointment. I think the canestan tablets are £25 and you could get a prescription for it. Trying to think if maybe corsydol mouthwash would work?
    yes, just googled it, definitely worth trying corsodyl - that should clear it without needing a docs. trip.
    http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/100003692.html

thank you, now i just need to find out if it interferes with the Depo injection

Damsel Diva

it shouldn't do as I'm pretty sure it won't get into your blood stream, its literally a mouth wash & not injested. I think you can get it over the counter so you'd just need to ask the pharmacist. (you'll also be able to get it from the dentists).
    eta. it says at the bottom of the link;
    How can this medicine affect other medicines?

There are no known interactions with other medicines.

Quote Originally Posted by cheeky_biscuit
    it shouldn't do as I'm pretty sure it won't get into your blood stream, its literally a mouth wash & not injested. I think you can get it over the counter so you'd just need to ask the pharmacist. (you'll also be able to get it from the dentists).
    eta. it says at the bottom of the link;
    How can this medicine affect other medicines?

There are no known interactions with other medicines.
    thank you, i'll think i'll ask the phamatist