in carpet heaven! woohoo! Candlelight

. How many dress sizes did you go up in your pregnancy?

When I first fell pregnant I was a 12, but a bigger 12. The clothes I am wearing at the mo are a 14, because I have blown up alot because of insulin requirements

But my Next delivery just came and 2 of the size 14 tops are waaaaaay too small so I am going to have to go a size up They are mainly too small on the bump, but they do feel stretched everywhere else

I think now at 27 weeks I have gained about 17 pounds
    Oliver, 6 & Lily, 3 July 2008
    (Stone!) to lose

Damsel Diva Jubjub

Re: How many dress sizes did you go up in your pregnancy?

I haven't. Everything is on the bump. Even my arse seems to have crept round the front!

Just me being me!

Maternity clothes sizing is strange. I've found some are only any good for early bumps (ie up to about 24 weeks) & some are huge and can only be worn in the final trimester.

I'm sure it's just the cut of the clothes & not you. I've already had to pack 50% of my maternity clothes away & although my base size is a 12 some of those are 14's (as they were from my last pg).

I know they can't really categorise their maternity clothes by gestation (as some people hardly get a bump at all & some get huge), but it would be good if the clothing retailers could at least indicate whether the maternity clothes they're selling is for an early or late bump.

Scatterbrain

ETA: I haven't been brave enough to weigh myself.

Mummy of 2 now :-)

I went from a size 6-8 to a 14 so 3-4 dress sizes

.......... Damsel Adelelee

Stayed mainly a 14 but agree with Scatterbrain that some mat clothes are cut funny, so in somethings I needed a 16

x
    Just give me a block, I'm gonna be fine..........

Wishing for more me time! Amelya

I'm normally a 12 and 12 maternity has been fine until the last few weeks when I need a 14 in everything except really stretchy jersy stuff.

My maternity clothes are between an 8 and a 14 and it isn't all the bigger labelled ones which fit now (at 38 weeks). As others have said, the cuts are all different. I get a huuuuuuge bump all out front and nothing else changes much, or so I think. I haven't been able to twist round for weeks now so maybe I'm in denial about a large arse (I wouldn't know)

D x

Needing hugs and cuddles Seagull&Snoopy

I was a size 6-8 to start with.
    I went up to a size 10 maternity trousers. And brought cheap ordinary tops from primark in a normal 12.

Primark is fabby -highly recommended!

No man is worth your tears, but the one that is won't make you cry

Chocolate Craving Damsel Bluebabe75

I started off as a 16-18, went down to a 16 (in maternity clothes) and ended up as an 18.

I bought a few long tops / dresses in an 18 (non maternity) and they fitted all the way though, whereas some of my size 16 maternity stuff didn't.
    Jedi Boy is 6, the Little Princess is 3....

Oh whats occurring!! racqy-rooster

Well with Ellis I started off at a small 14, by the end I was weaaring anything elasticated , I put on about 5 stone with him.

I was a size 10/12 normal clothes to start with, am wearing size 12 maternity clothes, and size 14 normal tops still fit, but I am all bump this time, I am still wearing my pre pg size 12 leggings

the sizing is silly anyway, I bought some size 12 topshop maternity tops and they were smaller than debenhams size 12 normal clothes

It depended where the stuff was from tbh. I was a size 6-8 before i was pregnant with Lucy and i had some Size 8 maternity stuff and some size 10. By the end i had had to buy size 12 for my bottom half because my arse and thighs we're ginormous and they've never gotten much smaller tbh

I was / am still the same size apart from my bump - last time I was quite swollen too but seemed to lose it quickly as I peed it all out after the birth!

Toff Damsel Angel

I stayed the same and I am pretty sure most of my clothes would have continued to fit if I'd gone further.

With Alex I ballooned and went up 2 dress sizes. I agree with guinness that I peed most of it out with Alex

Santorini bride <3 Dancing Queen

Well, up until 2 weeks ago, I was wearing size 10 mat jeans that I had from Topshop from being pg with Elise, but these are pretty tight now, and I find 12s perfect, but if I were buying, I'd probably get a 14.

Tops wise, again, I could wear 10s til a few weeks ago, and some of my 12s fit, but I agree with Scatter about the sizing, I think it's a bit and some tops are designed to be worn with over bump trousers (of which I have 1 pair ), but if I buy a mat top now, I'd buy a 14 to get as much bump coverage and wear out of it as possible!