Bitsy Von Muffling Chocolate Lips

Example letter re maternity leave

Has anyone got an example of a letter they have written to their employer about dates they are taking for their maternity leave?

My boss has asked me to confirm my dates in writing but I am not sure how to word it.

Needing hugs and cuddles Seagull&Snoopy

Re: Example letter re maternity leave

You don't need to darling!

ask your midwife for a MAT1 form.
    Give them that.

This is what they need.

My employer the LEA had a form I had to tick saying I intended to return to work, but nothing else.
    x

No man is worth your tears, but the one that is won't make you cry

Bitsy Von Muffling Chocolate Lips

My employer has requested it in writing for me, which I am obliged to do so I have to write them a letter as the MAT1B doesn't state my intentions regarding maternity leave.

Needing hugs and cuddles Seagull&Snoopy

Ok.............

"I intend to start my maternity leave on........... which is .............weeks before my due date. My baby is due on ................. I intend to return to work after my maternity leave and will give the required 4 weeks notice before returning to work."

??

Isn't that all you need? Bear in mind the law changes on 1st April 2007.

Snoopy is due on 26th June and I just told them I was working up to my due date & I intended to return.

??
    x

Avon Calling Calamity

Sorry I can't find the one I wrote, can only find the one I sent about returning to work.

What S&S has written is perfect though

Damsel Diva Twistarella

Here is mine which the lovely Shoppie helped me with!

Please find enclosed my MAT B1 form, which was given to me by my midwife last week.

I would advise you that I wish to start my maternity leave as outlined below.

Ordinary Maternity Leave

I will now start my Ordinary Maternity Leave on 23rd November 2006. However I wish to take 8 days holiday entitlement between 13th November 2006 and 22nd November 2006 inclusive. This means that my last day in the office will now be 10th November 2006.

I have calculated my Ordinary Maternity Leave period of 26 weeks, plus 7 days public holiday and 12 days holiday entitlement to run until 20th June 2007.

Additional Maternity Leave

I intend to take Additional Maternity Leave and this period will start on 21st June 2007. I have calculated this period of 26 weeks plus 10 days pro-rated holiday entitlement to run until 3rd January 2008, meaning my return to work will be 4th January 2008.

Yours sincerely