Lois Lane

Vauxhall Zafira v Ford Galaxy

Does anyone have either of these two cars?? Pros and Cons??? I'm after a people carrier that isn't too much like a bus - or I'll need a ladder to get in!!!

Would be grateful to hear your opinions.

Ta

Lois xx

.......... Damsel Adelelee

Re: Vauxhall Zafira v Ford Galaxy

My friend has 3 children (7, 4 and 10 weeks) and she has the Galaxy and loves it!!
    Just give me a block, I'm gonna be fine..........

Tea Lady Damsel Booh

From DH who deals with cars with his 'best make' he would say steer clear of Vauxhalls!

Fords are great as if they go wrong they are easy and cheap to repair - I have three friends who have galaxys, all love them, lots of space - the only thing is that they do not have 'sliding doors' like my car!

And are you saying my car is like a bus (it is the same length as a galaxy!)

Damsel Diva

I have a Zafira and I love it - it really doesn't feel big to drive and I went from a Peugeot 206 to the Zafira. I've never seen a Galaxy (except for the variety ) so I don't know anything about them.

i have zippy the zafira and looooooooooooooove it - the Ford Galaxy isnt really comparable with the Zafira due to its size (Galaxy is bigger)

We can get the 3 kids in (2 car seats and 1 buggy) and the dog plus bags etc and still have room

hth

Back to nappies! lazymummy

Dynamo had a Galaxy, then bought a Zafira, will point her in this direction!

From my experience, the Galaxy feels much 'bigger' and more bus-like while the Zafira feels more like a 'normal' car, IYSWIM? Both have 7 seats, but the Galaxy definitely feels more people carrier-ish!

Toff Damsel Angel

My child minder has a Zafira and loves it.

Personally I drive a Ford and love that but haven't driven a galaxy. Ford parts and servicing are cheap and they're pretty reliable cars but looks wise I think I'd prefer a zafira !

Lois Lane

Quote Originally Posted by Booh
    And are you saying my car is like a bus (it is the same length as a galaxy!)
    What make is your car? I said to DH I liked the sliding doors on yours - for some reason I thought it was bigger than a galaxy

I had a Zafira and loved it, we swapped it for a Mitsubishi (sp?) Grandis which I loved even more (also 7 seater, but looks more like an estate and has more room in it)

The zafira is really nice to drive and the pro to it over the Galaxy is the back 2 seats fold into the floor whereas with the galaxy you need to take them out which is a PITA to store them (my friend had a galaxy, but this was a few years back, not sure if its the same with newer models, I presume so) The only bad thing I found with the zafira is once all 7 seats are up there isnt much boot space, you would fit a stroller buggy in but not a larger one (although I beleive the newer models are slightly longer so the boot could be bigger)

I would get a zafira again
    Last edited by Jamtart; 14-03-2007 at 07:11pm.
    Please sponsor my Great South Run for Camille's Appeal
    http://www.justgiving.com/runningforcamille

Disorganised Damsel RealGoneKid

DH the car says the Galaxy is loads bigger and more like minibus size. Depends if that's what you want really

shrinking damsel goldilocks

Watching this thread with interest as I want to change my car and both these are on my 'to consider ' list!
    'We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing'

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Personally i'd go for the Galaxy, especially if you're going BRAND NEW because i just LOVE the look of the new model atm!

I'm not ken on Vaxhaulls tbh, never had one though so can't really say for sure, i think its the adverts that do my nut in and they've put me off

Controlled Damsel Dynamo

Quote Originally Posted by Jamtart
    )

The zafira is really nice to drive and the pro to it over the Galaxy is the back 2 seats fold into the floor whereas with the galaxy you need to take them out which is a PITA to store them (my friend had a galaxy, but this was a few years back, not sure if its the same with newer models, I presume so) The only bad thing I found with the zafira is once all 7 seats are up there isnt much boot space, you would fit a stroller buggy in but not a larger one (although I beleive the newer models are slightly longer so the boot could be bigger)

I would get a zafira again
    EXACTLY! I have nowhere to store the seats and this proved a big issue. also if you suddenly need the seats while out and about - meeting friends for instance, they are no good to anyone back at home! and if you leave them in there is very little boot space.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Zafira, it feels like a normal car ot drive whlst the Galazy was VERY big.
    DD is 9 and DS is 11

If you want a 7 seater and dont have a tight budget I would totally recommend a Grandis http://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/grandis/ its gorgeous to look at and to drive and have more boot space than a zafira. It is a lot more expensive tho.

I really wish I still had mine (ex-hubby took it when we split )

Invisable Chell

I love my ZAfira, its great to drive and has all the mod cons at a value price. I would like something that looks a bit posher for the money the Zafira is fab.

The plus point for us is also the folding seats. We looked at a size seater Galaxy but it was impractical for us as we have no gagrage, storing the seats would have been a PITA.

My Dad has a Peaguot(sp?) 806 and the sliding door is def a plus point.
    DS July 2003, DD1 January 2005, DD2 August 2008