Damsel Diva Dink

Creepy little larvae in my house!

I am having tiny little caterpillar type things (very short somewhat fat) in random places of my house. Googling leads me to think they might be carpet beetle larvae but I'm really not certain. These are kind of dusty when you smash them.

I found several in a kitchen drawer and I thought they might be after crumbs. I now wonder as I've since found one in my medicine cupboard, my sock drawer, and in the nooks where the skirting meets the wall. Once in a while I've seen these inside a framed photograph (trapped between glass and picture).

Are there any tricks to repelling these things?

My skin feels like it is crawling after looking at the Google images.

Abnormal Damsel Mrs B

Re: Creepy little larvae in my house!

Silly question, but do they actually move? We used to get them and they turned out to be dust balls!

Damsel Diva Dink

Oh, yes they do move but quite slowly. When I first saw them I thought they were some type of dirt or crumbs.

Damsel Diva Solitaire

We've had carpet beetles before, but OH recently spotted a little cocoon that he said was related. We treat every spring with flying insect killer from this site. I sent them a lovely photo and they told me what I needed

http://www.pestcontroldirect.co.uk/a...Beetle_20.html

Snorks 6, Mr Baby 3! parkejm

We used to have them in a rented flat which had fairly old soft furnishings. We did a really really thorough vacuuming, moving furniture, washing curtains, vacuuming inside wardrobes and drawers etc. We had to do it really regularly but they did start to diminish. The biggest problem was that they were under the carpets which made it really difficult to get rid of them so we used a spray but I can't remember what it was called - sorry!

Is there a chance they could be silverfish larvae? They look pretty similar and again you can get various sprays etc for them.
    xx Hermie xx
    xx Snorks xx
    xx Mr Baby xx

Damsel Diva Dink

I don't think they are silverfish and we actually don't have any carpet so perhaps carpet beetle was too wild an assumption. I have just remembered that I think I had a conversation with a friend about them a few years ago. She had them too around that time so maybe autumn is the time they hatch. Neither of us knew what they were but agreed they were foul!