Zen Dog Damsel scrobble

Need a new washing machine... any recommendations?

Ideally with reasonable capacity and not costing a fortune. My granny has offered to buy us a new one as ours is about 30 years old and randomly makes little holes in things every now and again. I just don't have a clue what's good out there as I've never actually bought one before!

Tea Lady Damsel Booh

Re: Need a new washing machine... any recommendations?

Miele here, my mums lasted 27 years, ours is going strong but it's only 6 years old.

Failing that John Lewis or Bosch

Super fit Damsel Velvet Chain

I was going to suggest Bosch, never had a problem with them....Hotpoint on the other hand

Weeble emgem

I had a hotpoint which went bang last week - was 4 years old but only cost 200 so not too bothered. I've replaced it with a beko 8kg one with a time delay function - probably wouldn't have chosen that brand but it was in stock and ready to be collected that day and the washing pile was huge!!
    Emgem xxx

64 Pounds Lost NO Pounds to go

Damsel Diva claireh

Basic miele.

You don't need bells and whistles. Great machine, I really like the 20 minute quick wash. Brilliant when you have a ton of laundry.

Ours is a Bosch and I would recommend it. Our last one was a Hoover, lasted until it was about 3 days out of guarantee DH asked the man in the parts shop what he would recommend and he said he barely sells bits for Bosch and Miele machines so we went for Bosch as we couldn't stretch to a Miele at the time. It's been going about 5 years I think and ticketyboo (touch wood!!!)

I got a Beko from Currys a few years ago and I like it. It has huge capacity and a 40 minute wash which is handy when stuff isn't really dirty. It was about 250.
    [/url]

Abnormal Damsel Mrs B

I've had 2 Hotpoints in a row and very pleased with their performance. The first one lasted about 8 years (could have got a bit longer out of it if it wasn't for the kids slamming the door) and the 2nd had an issue in 6 months but was covered under the warranty. Might have to buy a new one (for totally unrelated reasons) in the next few months and will look at a Bosch based on the above posts.

Damsel Diva CurlyLocks

I really rate http://www.appliancesonline.co.uk for price & delivery. We (My parents as well as DH & I) have ordered quite a few appliances from them. The reviews are helpful too I think.

FAT donna-j

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet Chain View Post
    I was going to suggest Bosch, never had a problem with them....Hotpoint on the other hand
    I have had my Hotpoint Aqualtis 8 years. It has been great (but will probably break now I have said that). Large capacity, and really quiet.

Damsel Diva joanne62

Our Hoover washer was awful, we had them out 12 times in 18 month.

hmm just replaced my bosch, 7 years old, we've already replaced the pump and its been fixed a couple of times as well. I haven't been amazingly impressed with it

Ginger rules

I recently replaced ours with an AEG.

Our previous one was a Bosch and I'd had it 15ish years no problem, however I heard from a few places that Bosch standards have dropped and they are no longer as good, so I chose AEG. I'm happy with it - as for how long it will last - ask me in ten years!

Bop

I've got a Siemens, it's a been a great machine too.

My mum had a Samsung and the 'computer' part of it went after just over a year, the engineer said it was unfixable. I wouldn't recommend them, therefore.

I've used appliancesonline too, agree it's a great service.
    08-02-04 spa 28-04-06

Damsel Diva Teresa

We've got a Miele one and its great. Not had any problems with it and its 8 years old now. Did cost about 800 though.
    Imogen - 4th September 2010

Tits McGee WeeBird

I've got a Hotpoint 9kg load washing machine and I absolutely love it. It takes 6 bath sheets without blinking and with the amount of washing I do it's been a godsend. I've had no problems with it (so far)
    9 7 Jan 08 4 3

We have a Candy one and have had nothing but problems, chewing clothes and problems with the door, second one we've had as the first one was returned having similar issues. Would recommend co-op electrical for delivery though, have used them a few times and they have been really good, free delivery with time slots.