We have had the whole of our roof replaced including new ceilings so the whole of our upstairs needs redecorating. I have found a decorator - I've never done this before but he reckons he can do the whole lot including stairs and landing in 4 days and it would take me forever to do in bits and bobs while DS is at pre-school. anyway, one of the blokes that came to quote recommended a particular type of trade paint, but I don't like the colour choices. So, after my waffle, it's question time:
1. Is there a major difference in quality between trade paint and dulux / crown / laura ashley / B&Q stuff?
2. Has anyone ever tried a paint with light reflecting particles that is supposed to brighten up small or dark rooms?
3. Has anyone ever painted their ceiling the same colour as the walls rather than white? And did it look nice?
4. What colour would you go for in a small hall with dark stairs and beams? The whole house was magnoliad before we bought it and I need to give it some personality just to make it ours.
5. Can a green room ever look right with red curtains and a red accent wall? If so, what kind of green? DS is adamant that is what he wants and whilst I like his red wall I just can't picture red and green looking anything other than horrific. Please someone prove me wrong.
Bubblewrap, is that enough to get you started?! You wanted to know when it got to decorating time :-)
Last edited by Cerise; 15-06-2012 at 07:45pm.
Reason: fat fingers that made it look like I couldn't spell