18-05-2012, 05:27pm #1
Has anyone got an scallops recipes that they can share. I love scallops but normally have them with risotto.
18-05-2012, 05:57pm #2
Being totally honest, I flash fry/sear them and then eat them LOL If I'm feeling posh I eat them on toast
However I'd be quite tempted to slice each one into 3/4 slices or used the tiny ones and then make a version of crab linguine with chilli & garlic, searing them slices very quickly. Not tried it but I want to now!xx Hermie xx
xx Snorks xx
xx Mr Baby xx
18-05-2012, 06:07pm #3
I like them in a risotto too.
The only time I don't have them in a risotto is in a restaurant usually as a starter, I had them not long ago with a celeriac sauce, beet root and rocket. Don't think I'd bother to make that myself though!
M&s do them in shells with like a lobster Thermidor sauce, they are lovely!
18-05-2012, 06:15pm #4
Scallops linguine with chilli and garlic sounds nice
Ive never had lobster Thermidor but have just added it to my list of new things to make this year.
18-05-2012, 06:50pm #5
Wrap in bacon and bake, they're yummy. But mostly we just fry and guzzle!
18-05-2012, 08:01pm #6
- In a pair of size 12 trousers!
My OH does them pan fried very quickly, served with an oil made from various curry spices, and cauliflower purée. The oil can be made in advance and kept in the fridge for a few weeks so not as fiddly as it sounds. I think it's a Raymond Blanc recipe; I'll have a google and see if I can find it
Eta It's on the Bbc site, I can't seem to copy the link thoughFifi x
My little lollipop is six years old
19-05-2012, 12:18am #7
A Nigella recipe that OH loves. Says 4 for mains, but me and OH lap this up between us for a filling meal I cook some linguine and stir the cooked pasta into the gorgeous liquid left behind...parsley, lemon and chorizo oil.
- 110g chorizo sausage
- 400g small scallops (halve them to make 2 thinner discs if they are very fat)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4 x 15ml tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Slice the chorizo into rounds no thicker than 3mm.
- Heat a heavy-based pan on the hob and, when hot, dry-fry the chorizo round until crisped on either side (the chorizo will give out plenty of its own oil); this should take no more than 2 minutes.
- Remove the chorizo to a bowl and fry the scallops in the chorizo-oil for about 1 minute a side.
- Return the chorizo to the pan with the scallops, add the lemon juice and let bubble for a few seconds before arranging on a serving plate and sprinkling with lots of parsley.
Kathy Lette: ...women are each other's human Wonderbras – uplifting, supportive and making each other look bigger and better.
21-05-2012, 07:13pm #8
Thanks everyone, will test these all out.
Just made JO sticky pan fried scallops, which were yummy.
21-05-2012, 09:03pm #9
Coquille St Jacques style.
21-05-2012, 09:23pm #10
I love scallops but unfortunately they don't like me! Enjoy them