Mulled Wino Katoid

Smeg Customer Service - any experiences?

Argh my 15 month old Smeg cooker blew yesterday the main oven, not the top one - light comes on as does the fan but it isn't heating up seriously not happy.. has anyone had any experience of this? Are they good? I am dreading a huge quote when I call them
    DD is 8
    DS is 3

Blog

Tea Lady Damsel Booh

Re: Smeg Customer Service - any experiences?

I'd just give them a ring and quote 'not fit for purpose' at them!

TBH it sounds as if the heating element has gone, and they are normally not that expensive if you do have to pay to have it fixed

Mulled Wino Katoid

Thanks Booh, I have been given the number for main Smeg HQ by the service centre so am going to see how I go from there - 1 year warrenty is pretty crap

Damsel Diva Dunkling

I agree... sounds like the element has blown.

We called Smegs customer services for our ridge when the light repeatedly shorted at just a few months old. Great service, lovely chap came out within a few days, and actually remodelled it a little bit for us as apparently it was a design glitch that had come to light.

If you get someone having a bad day, yup, quote the fit for purpose blurb, and forget anything about your warrenty they quote. This is in addition to yor rights, not instead of.

Mulled Wino Katoid

Thanks Dunkling, glad to hear you have had good service from them - and also good to hear that I have rights in regard to this, soo frustrating.. Will get back on it asap

Snorks 6, Mr Baby 3! parkejm

If you don't get any joy with them, changing the element is worth doing. we did it ourselves twice with our old oven - bought the part online and looked up the instructions online, it was a 10 minute job.

Hope you get somewhere with them
    xx Hermie xx
    xx Snorks xx
    xx Mr Baby xx

We have a smeg oven and the same thing happened, landlord's engineer fixed it in about ten minutes.

Mulled Wino Katoid

Just to update on this - they will provide the parts FOC but I am having to pay the engineer, despite quoting not fit for use sounds as though the thermostat has gone rather than the element not a happy bunny today