Thread: Bounty pack qs

Got husband, need wife! Dr Spouse
    In my mad scientist laboratory, getting children to do difficult things

Bounty pack qs

Obviously I did not get one at the hospital - am just wondering
    Did people get a free sample of Fairy non bio (recently)? If so, I may ask the HV if she can nab me a pack or a voucher. Unless anyone has a sample they won't use?
    Also, was the Family Pack worth it, if so I'll ask her about a voucher to get one of those too.
    Baby S has just revealed he's very allergic to one washing powder and slightly to another, so I don't want to keep buying full packs in the hopes one is ok!
    Thanks!

Slack Mummy myzzterri

Re: Bounty pack qs

I would try Bio-D washing liquid hon...

Legal Alien Honey Dew
    I used to use surcare when in the UK.

Do you know if I can get free samples of either?
    Just don't want to buy a whole bottle/box if he's allergic!

Legal Alien Honey Dew
    Maybe email the companies?
    Other than that, ask of any of your pals use them and ask for a wee smidge to try :-)

Slack Mummy myzzterri

bio-d website

If they don't do samples, let me know & I'll send you a little bit!

Doesn't give a *!* Damsel DillyDally

Are you using fabric conditioner, Dr S? Because that is very well known for causing allergic reactions, too.
    Dilly xx

Clean Sweep - my decluttering and home organisation blog.
    Don't save things for best - make every day your best day.

Disorganised Damsel RealGoneKid
    I have some Fairy non-bio tabs I could send you Dr S. PM me your address. How much powder are you using? I use 1 tablet for a full wash with no softener and an extra rinse. Anything else makes W's skin flare.

No, we don't use conditioner. Normally we use ecoballs but the nappy company say not to (and I know the balls do bash things a bit).

Thanks myzterri, that's very kind. I've not heard of that one before so I'm not sure if anyone I know uses it.

And thanks too RGK, will PM you. We are trying the extra rinse which you suggested, too (but I'm giving his bum a break for a few days before trying the rinsed nappies). For the nappies plus probably a few extra clothes making a full load we use half what it says on the packet (so one tablet for the ones that say 2 tablets, or I think it was 3 tbsp for the powder which said 6).

I use fairy gel, about half what it says and its the only thing I've found that doesn't affect D's skin. The powder / tablets do but not the gel, haven't ever tried an extra rinse though.

I can send you some if you like.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Interesting - I normally get the Sainsbury's non-bio, but they'd run out, so I bought the Fairy non-bio gel this week instead. Happy to send a sample of either (i still have a little left of the Sainsburys one), that's any use?

Just me being me!

Abi has bad eczema & I always use surcare (washing powder & fabric conditioner). Usel slightly less than you would usually & make sure it's a reasonably hot wash. You can get Surcare at the supermarket usually.

I don'#t knwo about the Bounty packs. Although if you register on their site I'm pretty sure you get all the follow on packs so may eb worth doing anyway.

Just wanted to say thank you to all you lovely ladies!

One gorgeous Damsel found out how to get me the Bounty packs and I got both the NB and the Family pack.

We've tried the Fairy powder (there was a free sample) but even with the double rinse he still has a red bum

However the original own brand stuff with a double rinse seems OK. I've also got samples of both powder and liquid Ecover which is our next one to try. It's a bit like Washing Powder CSI here with various bags filled with nappies washed in Powder X or Powder Y and the airing cupboard as a holding space for those washed with ecoballs.

I did write to Biod to ask for a sample but no response. If I have no luck with Ecover I'll try and get a sample of surcare as well and maybe the Fairy gel if it's better than the powder (seems some of you definitely find that's the case)

Thanks all you lovely people!