Damsel Diva DietCoke

Singapore with kids

We're thinking of going to Singapore, specifically Sentosa island with the kids. Has anyone been? Do you think you could realistically spend a week there?

It's really difficult choosing holidays living here - its expensive to fly anywhere and everywhere is at least 3 hours to drive too.

la la la I can't hear you Jelly

Re: Singapore with kids

I have been to Sentosa once, but it was a number of years ago. I suppose you could stretch a week in Singapore with children, but I don't think all of it on Sentosa.

What about holidays in other parts of Australia?

Damsel Diva frannybaby

I think a week is too long for Singapore. But there are some islands a couple hours (driving) from Singapore (in Malaysia), which could balance out your holiday.

Damsel Diva

Have you been to Bali? So beautiful, especially out on the East Coast where it's more undeveloped. The West coast is kind of like Australia's Benidorm & Aya Napa rolled into one. But if you go to Ubud in the centre and head out East you will fall in Love!
    Singapore it fab; loads to do. Not sure how humid it is where you are but we flew to Singapore from NZ and really suffered with the heat/humidty. We stayed in the Orchard Road bit and used the subway to get to most places including Sentosa Island. I found it a bit weird, we were boiling hot & it is very much a man made place; you look out to sea (not particularly clean) and see the port loads of huge boats opposite; persoanlly I wouldn't stay on Sentosa for a week but it is easy for daytrips from the city; there's universal studios too.
    Have you got yourself on Air Asia's mailing list for their flight sales? Might be a way of keeping the cost down. Malaysia is great with kids, easy in terms of everyone speaks English; you could look at flights to Penang or Langkawi and spend a week on either island (depending on time of year); or head out to the East coast, fly into Kota Bharu then boat it to the Perhentians? Or fly to KL then Tioman?... endless possiblilities.

Damsel Diva

Oooh, you could fly to Cairns or Port Douglas and visit Cape Tribulation & the Daintree.

Legal Alien Honey Dew
    Fiji is lovely too.

la la la I can't hear you Jelly

New Zealand is great, but if you want a different culture then I second the Bali suggestion. I didn't like Sentosa for the same reasons Cheeky Biscuit said.

A week is do-able

Zoo plus night safari (one day)

Bird Park plus science centre as they're near each other (one day)

Sentosa - one day for universal studios, and one day for the rest : underwater world, butterfly park, beaches, new fabulous kids water play centre, cable car ride

Sightseeing tour including river cruise and the Singapore flyer (like London eye) - one day

Thats 5 days... The other two days for shopping and eating? There are plenty of great parks and nature reserves if that gets boring for the kids.

Btw the zoo and bird park have fab kids water play zones

I live in Singapore, and have 3yo so feel free to pm if there's any questions I can answer for you.

I've been to Sentosa island but would be hard pressed to spend more than a day there, unless I missed loads of it!

Night safari at Sinapore Zoo is brilliant though, one of the best things I'v ever done.

Damsel Diva DietCoke
    Sorry for the late reply, complexity forgot about this thread.

We've decided to come ck to the uk for a couple of weeks in jan then finish with four days on Sentosa. Can't wait!