Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4
    Muso Madwife
    I think it's s bit odd to offer primary school children, but wouldn't have a problem with it. Abigail quite likes tea, in fact, she makes a crackin' brew ;-)
    Abigail( 11) Ivy (7) Betsy (5)
    ​​

Damsel Diva Chickenlips

Re: Would you expect your child to be offered tea at school?

Gosh reading this thread is so interesting. You know it almost devastates me that as a nation, we have become so politically correct, so immersed in a culture that makes you feel like a bad parent for offering your child a square of chocolate, a haribo or, in this case, a cup of tea. As a nation we have been bought up on tea, most of us will have been weaned on it from a young age.

My children don't drink tea, but I'd love it if they did, regardless of any low level negativity related to diet issues. your child having a cup of tea will not cause dietary issues, they will not get cancer, they will not become obese.

Tea is one of the only traditions as a country we still embrace, I went for afternoon tea yesterday at a posh hotel in London (it was a comp I won) and I had scones, cream, jam and the most amazing tea. I want that tradition to keep going, however bad things have got for us, and there have been many times.....that first sip of tea has been my saviour.
    Mum to 2 beautiful girls and a handsome little man

blissed out mummy Miss Frosty
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickenlips View Post
    Gosh reading this thread is so interesting. You know it almost devastates me that as a nation, we have become so politically correct, so immersed in a culture that makes you feel like a bad parent for offering your child a square of chocolate, a haribo or, in this case, a cup of tea. As a nation we have been bought up on tea, most of us will have been weaned on it from a young age.

My children don't drink tea, but I'd love it if they did, regardless of any low level negativity related to diet issues. your child having a cup of tea will not cause dietary issues, they will not get cancer, they will not become obese.

Tea is one of the only traditions as a country we still embrace, I went for afternoon tea yesterday at a posh hotel in London (it was a comp I won) and I had scones, cream, jam and the most amazing tea. I want that tradition to keep going, however bad things have got for us, and there have been many times.....that first sip of tea has been my saviour.
    I feel this too CL !

It's so sad that as parents we always feel we have to do what everyone deems the * right thing*

I have a friend with two boys and from weaning got to try anything and everything and are fantastic eaters and are thriving .

L is an a&e sister so not daft at all to what she is doing and it has always worked for them !

Even after breast cancer / double mastectomy and the cancer back and not treatable , L hasnt changed her attitude to eating which is very refreshing .

June 08 Sept 09

Quote Originally Posted by Katiekipper View Post
    My kids all love tea, I can't bear the stuff but Dh gives it to them and it's nice that they can join in the ritual of having a hot drink.
    Lol same here... I love how coffee shops do a 50p baby chino in a "proper" mug/cup too.
    i remember we used to get hot chocolate at school and Thomas does occasionally.
    I also went for a fantastic high tea for a friends 30th and agree I love the tradition of the sandwiches,scones and pots of tea (with some added champagne at the end these days )

Wanky Crack Ho Ruby

Neither me nor Partner drink tea. It's the only food/drink that I don't like the taste of. I would be surprised if they offered tea to my chaps at school but I think it's a nice idea and I'd probably prefer that to hot chocolate.

Also, I was very strict with what my eldest ate and drank from a young age - he thought peas and sweetcorn were 'sweeties' - but he too would sell his granny for a Haribo.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4