Which formula is good for baby eczema?

At age 1, poor Annabel is suffering more than ever with her eczema and i know its really troubling her due to restless sleep and she scratches and makes it sore.

It started on the creases on her arms and back of legs and i have always applied moisturiser to her about four times a day. You name it, weve tried it, even hydrocortisone. I feel the GP isnt taking her eczema seriously as why don't they refer her to a paediatrician? I did say to them every cream she has been given isn't working and that makes me think it is diet/milk related? She used to be on aptamil but when eczema wasn't going, I changed it to hipp organic follow on or their growing up milk but its quite hard to get hold of near me so i bought the SMA one but whether its a coincidence or not (as shes teething and got a cold at the mo) but her eczema is so much worse.

Does anyone know of any formulas that are good for children with eczema?

Re: Which formula is good for baby eczema?

I think it's unlikely to be the formula that's the issue. If what you've tried isn't working I'd push again for a referral to a dermatologist. You could try cutting out dairy, if you think the milk is the issue, but I'd seek medical advice before doing so.

Re: Which formula is good for baby eczema?

I bang on about it but have you considered Chinese Herbal Medicine if western medicine isn't helping? I've seen very good results where standard creams and potions haven't worked.

Damsel Diva Elvisola
    Sophia has a milk intolerance, solely diagnosed by me.

When I moved her to cows milk at 1, she broke out in excema (ebf till then) so I put her onto Aptamil +1. She still had a rash which over time I realised flared whenever she had cows milk (with cereal etc).

Recently I tried to wean her onto cows milk again and it was so obviously the cause of the skin condition, she was so bad. I put her back onto Aptamil but it remained albeit at a low level. Now I am trying soya milk, it has only been a month but her skin is gorgeous, no sign of excema, her usually loose poo is a normal consistency etc

I would recommend you speaking to a doctor rather than going about it yourself, like I did it, especially as A is so much younger but I do hope you can resolve it as well as I have.