• evden eve
  • free hosting coupons
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      .......... Damsel Adelelee

Re: Knitted photo props

How gorgeous!!!!
      Just give me a block, I'm gonna be fine..........

I love the Hungry Caterpillar set, but are you allowed to sell them?

Invisable Chell

I've posted your link on a childminding page, I think the little caterpillar type hat would be lovely for dressing up/adding to a story sack.
      DS July 2003, DD1 January 2005, DD2 August 2008

Damsel Diva Katiekipper
      Quote Originally Posted by violet wallop View Post
      I love the Hungry Caterpillar set, but are you allowed to sell them?
      Possibly it is skating on thin copyright ice. I refer to it as 'A caterpillar set' and don't use the VH name. It's similar to the branded item but not the same and they don't even have licensed knitwear products and I'm not using their name to sell my products. I also designed the pattern myself so it's my copyright on that. I don't know is the honest answer. Many, many people are selling similarly inspired items on Etsy and elsewhere on the Internet.
      Mum to Ross 16, Eden 13 and Beanie (real name Finn) 11 and my 3 angel babies, never forgotten xx

Check out my knit shop!
      http://www.facebook.com/LittleEdenKnits

Damsel Diva Katiekipper
      Quote Originally Posted by Chell View Post
      I've posted your link on a childminding page, I think the little caterpillar type hat would be lovely for dressing up/adding to a story sack.
      Thanks Chell! I have done other similar hats including owls etc and Isis wears them for dressing up.

Just me being me!

oh no....I'm completely addicted to buying knitted baby photo props. I ...don't...need...any...more...props!!! really. No, really. Ok, I'll just take a look

Damsel Diva Katiekipper
      Quote Originally Posted by scatterbrain View Post
      oh no....I'm completely addicted to buying knitted baby photo props. I ...don't...need...any...more...props!!! really. No, really. Ok, I'll just take a look
      Anything you've seen elsewhere or can dream up I can probably replicate. Just let me know!

Oddly enough I was looking at a site called Culture Label today for gifts and saw this....http://www.culturelabel.com/flamingo...il-set.htmlNot sure the tail is a great idea for babies though due to strangulation risk!

Or a mermaid...

http://www.culturelabel.com/mermaid-...eping-bag.html

Damsel Diva Katiekipper
      Good grief!! How can they charge that and keep a straight face! And more to th point, where on earth do they find customers willing to pay it!

Just me being me!

What a rediculous price! BM - They don't need to worry so much about safety when it's a photography prop as the baby will always be supervised and wearing the prop for only a short time (won't be left alone with the prop). Several of the props I have are hats with long tassles & buttons or long tie-on headbands that you wouldn't leave a baby with alone. To cover yourself you have to make it clear at point of sale & in the packaging that the hat or whatever is a photography prop & not to be left with the child unsupervised.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2