wide and shallow spritzer

Bluewater or Bromley for my lovely day off, what do you reckon?

I have a day off next week and I vow to do no laundry, housework or related 'mummy' things. So, for an afternoon mooching round the shops, what do you reckon? Bluewater is warm and dry but a bit corporate for me, Bromley's a bit more rough and ready.

Pointless post I know but it's nice to get other people's views.
    Xander 25.10.04
    Zach 4.2.07
    and little Tabitha 6.8.11

loopy la la Damsel twirlygirly

Re: Bluewater or Bromley for my lovely day off, what do you reckon?

With the weather the way it is I'd do Bluey, but if it's fine then Bromley might be nice!!

Doesn't give a *!* Damsel DillyDally

*is bristling slightly at Bromley being 'rough and ready'* (I live on the outskirts).

How about, if it's raining, Bluewater (which I don't like much, all that artificial light/air hurts my eyes after a while), and if it's not, Bromley? Or what about central London (which I would choose over Bluewater).
    Dilly xx

Clean Sweep - my decluttering and home organisation blog.
    Don't save things for best - make every day your best day.

Quote Originally Posted by DillyDally View Post
    *is bristling slightly at Bromley being 'rough and ready'* (I live on the outskirts).
    I really mean there is more of a range of shops - low end like primark as well as high street whereas Bluewater is all very mid range.

If the cold wet weather continues I might just settle for a DVD and chocolate day

Ooh I would love a day shopping at Bluey. I haven't been for ages!

Totally Shattered Damsel

If its Tuesday, come to Bromley and we can have a very mini Damsels meet - you are of course invited too Dilly???

BG xx
    =

Carpe Diem katkinn

I would say Bluey over the two but would probably choose Tunbridge Wells if you're looking for a mooch rather than a shop. I will admit I can't stand Bromley I do love the shops but it's all so spread out and the parking is a bloody nightmare. And it's a total pita to get to from where we are - and it's always a traffic headache. But I do love the shopping centre and Primark, once I'm there! (and if I ever get to meet up with Dilly, that makes it a completely different - ie infinitely better - experience!!)

Counting my blessings
    Having pranged my car twice in the Glades, I have recently discovered that the basement bit of the leisure centre carpark is virtually always half empty. Anyway, I digress. As it is bound to be rainy and as both must be a bit of a trek for you (unless you don't live where I think you do, in which case ignore me), I say stay in and do some Internet shopping while watching a DVD and possibly even drinking wine!

I can't stand Bromley either. There aren't any shops worth the trip- I much prefer Bluey as it has all the same shops plus JL and the like.

I used to love a wander round central london for clothes, but it's a bit depressing now I'm two sizes bigger and have nowhere to wear all that lovely stuff .

Doesn't give a *!* Damsel DillyDally

Quote Originally Posted by One Sock View Post
    Having pranged my car twice in the Glades, I have recently discovered that the basement bit of the leisure centre carpark is virtually always half empty. Anyway, I digress. As it is bound to be rainy and as both must be a bit of a trek for you (unless you don't live where I think you do, in which case ignore me), I say stay in and do some Internet shopping while watching a DVD and possibly even drinking wine!
    That sounds like a plan.

I so want to say that in all the 21 years of living where we do, nothing has ever happened to my car in the Glades car park, but that's probably not a good idea A bus pulled out into the side of my car, without indicating, in Westmoreland Road once, though :(

Tunbridge Wells would be good (I used to live very near there) as it's lovely for mooching.

Kat, the first (and last!) time I met up with you, your youngest DS was only a baby - that was ages ago! Do you remember?

Sadly I can't make a meet up on Tuesday, as it's the day I have an essay due in, I'm taking DS2 for a blood test then a hospital appointment and I'm supposed to be going to Pilates.

Weeble emgem

Ohhhh how I would love to join you!

I'd either go to Bromley or Lakeside I think - just because I like walking our of Primark with massive bags having only spent 40!!

Have fun
    Emgem xxx

64 Pounds Lost NO Pounds to go

Ignoring the rain LibertyGal72

Another vote for Tunbridge Wells over Bromley, Bluewater and Central London
    libertygal

Kathy Lette: ...women are each other's human Wonderbras uplifting, supportive and making each other look bigger and better.

Grinchy Old Carp

Quote Originally Posted by One Sock View Post
    I say stay in and do some Internet shopping while watching a DVD and possibly even drinking wine!
    Oh crikey yes! Spank your credit card without even leaving the house
    Fifi x

My little lollipop is six years old