Damsel Diva Dunkling

Need a bit of a moan....... Paypal!! Aaaargh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have always used DHs paypal for purchases as no need for 2 in a house, but on opening the online shop, I of course opened my own never to be used for purchases but to use the merchant services.

Went into my email on saturday to notice a thank you for your payment etc from paypal. When I went to paypal, not only was there this purchase for nearly 200, sent, completed and received by the scumbag, but another 2 orders pending to the tune of about 300 each done by the same person to the same address!!!

Phoned paypal immediately and lovely bloke took me through security changes etc and told me to stop stressing, no one is the loser, I will get my money back and no they didn't persue the perpetrator.

Sure enough the money appeared before the weekend was out for the completed one and they cancelled the pending purchases. Only on reading paypals small print, this payment is temporary while they continue to investigate and could still be taken off me!

It appears there is a loser....... right now it is me pitted against the seller, who sold in good faith but shipped to an address not the paypal address, but has tracking etc.

And to add insult to injury, because my account was compromised, they made me supply photo id proof, 3 proofs of address, bank proof, card proof, and until I did, my account was frozen so technically they shut my business down. All understandable given the situation apart from.....

I did put it to paypal, you had me jump through hoops to open the account, proof, verification, confirmed address, deposits in my bank, on my card and then....... it is perfectly allowed (though not advised) to ship to any old address! Er, the first point of call if you are gonna nick off someone is yu are not going to then send it to them as a pressie now are you!?

If they take the money back off me I will be persuing paypal through the courts, and if they keep it from the seller, I will be contacting them and advising them to do the same.

In the meantime.... limbo (and stress!)

As you were!

Re: Need a bit of a moan....... Paypal!! Aaaargh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a pain in the ass!

Did they explain how the to**er got your password to make the order with your paypal email address?

Hope it all works out ok

Re: Need a bit of a moan....... Paypal!! Aaaargh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkling View Post
    I will get my money back and no they didn't persue the perpetrator.
    Really? That shocks me, it's fraud isn't it?

Nothing paypal does can shock me any more. Do you have the security key thingy set up? The one where a code is sent to your phone every time you want to log in?
    Presumably you've already run every virus scan known to man? When it happened to me it did get sorted eventually but it cost me nearly 400 and they managed to get in twice, even after I'd changed everything. In the end I closed that account, and since then I've made sure there is never a link to my personal bank account via paypal. I have a spare bank account for personal stuff, and then my business account, but the money I need to live on is never accessible via paypal.

Damsel Diva Dunkling

I've got the security key thing now..... it is now a text code sent to your mobile rather than the digital gadget. But guess what.... I stumbled on this myself, not one service rep told me of this! I have also cancelled the card that was linked and will not be linking the new one! Now paypal are only linked to my bank account as I need that to transfer my takings, but I played safe and went to my bank and cancelled the paypal dd they set up when they are confirming you. So no money access, the paypal account can now only process incoming.