So we bought a new phone.....

and its even worse than the last one!!!! The last one was a BT one, and it was crackly and faint and rattled a bit. So we went to Homebase and bought a more modern BT one, threw out the old, and today I had the first call on it and it was useless! Really echoey and fuzzy.

Grrrrr. It wasn't expensive, and expect I could sell on ebay or whatever. Thing is how do we know if its the phone or our line? And if its our line do we have to pay BT to come and test it?

Seems a bit odd that the last was fuzzy as well (although not echoey).

Damsel Diva clowe74

Re: So we bought a new phone.....

We had this at our old house and BT came and had to put a new line in with no charge to us. You can ring BT and they do a line check at their end but it dsnt always show it up
    DS1 16, DS2 14, DD 11

is free!! Cymber

We,ve had this issue before when buying new phones and I've always taken them back to the shop (usually Argos) and said they're not good/loud enough.
    The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind.

Damsel Diva Bert2e

I'd check with whoever supplies your line - we had this and it turned out to be water in the green box thingy at the end of the road .

Slightly eldery Damsel! wickenwoman

Either plug your new phone in on a line you know is OK (an obliging neighbour or friend) or plug in a phone you know works (preferably a corded phone).

Divorced Damsel :D bubblewrap

Good luck! I've had problems with my phone/line for three years and noone is accepting responsibility for any fault so I just have to put up with it!

I get random beeping during my conversations on my line. Am not sure if it cuts out at the other end when it does it or if they don't notice it at all. Fecking annoying.

30-something Damsel bubbasweet

It's likely to be the line rather than the phone so contact your provider before you buy another new handset!