Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    30-something Damsel bubbasweet

How soon do pregnancy ailments/symptoms disappear after birth?

Stuff like needing to pee all the time, nausea/sickness, SPD, back ache etc.? Also what does it feel like to not have the bump there anymore? Do you feel lighter IYSWIM?

Straight after I felt lighter but sort of deflated, felt very slim tho even though I had a stone and a half to lose lol. Everything went straight away but was immediately replaced by the ridiculous pain down there from tearing sideways, which I thought was bad until the spinal block and morphine (they mucked my epidural up and punctured my spine) wore off 2 days later!!! (sorry can you tell the trauma is coming back now I'm pregnant again!)

Re: How soon do pregnancy ailments/symptoms disappear after birth?

Immediately in my experience but only to be replaced with new ones

Damsel Diva claireh

Immediately and I also felt very slim (despite not being slim!).

I had a c-section so no pain down below. The section pain was only sore for around four days. Two days I had strong morphine type painkillers and them paracetamol. Totally fine by the time I got home when he was a week old.

Happy Xmas Damsels! Waxy Bean

back pain went as soon as my waters went (both times my waters went some time ~36 hours before labour started). pelvis pain within 4 weeks - but i probably did push myself too hard in the first few weeks rather than resting.

very odd having a deflated balloon on your stomach - i felt absolutely tiny and missed its solidness.

i was on painkillers (paracetamol) for a week after having s (episiotomy, forceps delivery plus second degree tear). but with g (second degree tear only) i had given up on painkillers before i left hospital (36 hours after birth). but my best advice is never refuse painkillers in hospital - you might not want them at the time, but if you later change your mind, its near on impossible to get any (at least with any haste).

sorry for lack of caps, feeding baby.

Snorks 6, Mr Baby 3! parkejm

I took my feeding tube out of my nose less than half an hour after having Oscar and wasn't sick or nauseous again at all. Same with Oren & Hermie - as soon as they were delivered, the sickness went as if a switch had been flicked.

I didn't have SPD but my joints never pinged back whilst I was breastfeeding. My hips were the worst, it was better than when pg but still not right, I had to be very careful on long walks, sitting in the same position for a while or sitting cross legged. I BF oscar until he was 2yrs, 3 months and it was only near the end of that my hips started to return to normal. Typically, that's when I fell pg with Oren and started all over again Oren is now 19 months and I still need to be a bit careful with my hips although as he feeds less it is getting better.
    xx Hermie xx
    xx Snorks xx
    xx Mr Baby xx

Disorganised Damsel RealGoneKid
    My SPD was better as soon as the spinal anaesthetic from the cs wore off! I was the one skipping down the ward to the loo 12 hours after a cs

Damsel Diva

So there is an end in sight?

Would gladly swap my SPD, dribbling at night, acid reflux, sore ribs, weeing incecently, tiredness etc for anything at the moment!

Well you'll be swapping it all for a baby

Janice I am super-pleased to hear about the sickness going straight away. Obviously I've not had it anwhere nearly as bad as you did, but my patience is quite wearing thin now so I am most excited about not feeling sick anymore, second only to actually having her in my arms I think

Back to nappies! lazymummy

I 2nd what parkejm said about sickness, I had HG and it literally stopped as the baby arrived!

Damsel Diva

Quote Originally Posted by bubbasweet View Post
    Well you'll be swapping it all for a baby

Damsel Diva Peony

Probably a bit different for me having PE and hence retaining water but that first pee without a catheter rates as being one of the best moments of my life . Litres of the stuff came out (I was made to measure it in a cardboard potty).

My cravings went immediately so I ended up chucking loads of fruit I'd bought the day before before I had him . It was nice to be able to bend forwards again. My bump went down quite quick although is still a bit soft/loose. Oh and the constipation went immediately too .

Immediately, I drank gallons of gaviscin throughout both pregs and was amazed a few days after births when I realised it had stopped right away.

Spd went as soon as the weight did as well. I seem to feel infinitely healthier with a new born than I so heavily pregnant. Even not having to pee all the time is amazing, I had a catheter for a few days after birth and didn't have too pee at all, I had so much time on my hands!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2
    [/url]

Damsel Diva Oana

Straight away too, I know it sounds hard to believe right now but you hardly remember it after a few weeks

Super fit Damsel Velvet Chain

From memory it does seem like immediately for me, but I am not sure if all the symptoms went away immediately or if I was just so preoccupied with my baby that it seemed that way.

Dazzling Damsel Clementine

Yeah - peeing all the time and acid heart burn disappeared immediately. It was sooooo nice to go to bed and not have to wake up desperate for the toilet an hour later. Obviously that was replaced by a crying baby but it felt so much better!

Straight away for me, heartburn and the whole uncomfort thing being my main grumbles!

Biker chick Damsel! stacey86

Quote Originally Posted by lazymummy View Post
    I 2nd what parkejm said about sickness, I had HG and it literally stopped as the baby arrived!
    Totally agree with this and and ParkeJM too. I had HG and also Ptyalism and it literally dissappeared once I had DD2. It was wonderful and I could finally eat properly, infact 30 mins after having DD I was eating a Cadbury Caramel I hadn't had chocolate for 8 months so this was the start of a special relationship

My butterfly born 03/11/06.

My 2nd butterfly born 24/10/11

Must be such an amazing relief for the HG to go just like that I've only got ordinary nausea and I can't flipping wait!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast