• evden eve
  • free hosting coupons
    Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: Dear god - the rain!!!

Have been soaked down to my pants twice today! Everything is on the radiator and I'm still chilled to the bone.

I often get caught out in the rain on the school run with the pram, but feck me this is ridiculous!

Chocolate Craving Damsel Bluebabe75

Quote Originally Posted by HurdyGurdy View Post
      Crikey - has there ever been a wetter drought!

Am so fed up with it now - today I have got soaked on the school run twice and spent the rest of the day listening to the rain hammering down on the conservatory roof. A dripping fringe and streaks of mascara down my face is not a good look
      Jedi Boy is 6, the Little Princess is 3....

Tea Lady Damsel Booh

I got wet at 8.30 this morning, and haven't dried out since, as every few hours I end up back out in the rain.......and no matter what I wear (today I gave up and had on full lands end wax jacket, hat, waterproof boots I still got pretty damp.....

Also looks as if school maybe shut tomorrow as the lane was just about flooded (we have to cross a major river at a low point to get up the lane)....tomorrow may be a long day if we are stuck in doors!

Tea Lady Damsel Booh

PS - living next door to a water man (well he works for the water board) it needs to rain every day like this until August to replenish the water table.........

Damsel Diva claireh

I am SO over this feckin rain. I'm sleep deprived again and my patience is wearing thin having children cooped up indoors.

Mummy of 2 now :-)

Yep horrible hasn't stopped here today it's been awful since last week. Dean has worked 2 days in the last 7 working days

One day at a time damsel skylark

My best quotes from water people so far "We can't count on the rain to replenish the water supply." and "When all this rain stops it will still be a drought."

I mean really! If we can't count on the rain then what? Also I remember a drought in Africa tat lasted 7 years. It was a damn sight dryer than this, that's for sure.

Chief Damsel Damsella

The problem is, skylark, that for the past two years we have been running up to this drought. So a few weeks of rain is only making up for, yes, a few weeks of rain
      Call me (Mrs) Damz

I actually love it! I do of course feel sorry for those who get caught in it, but heavy rain always makes me feel cosy and calm.

Damsel Diva popinjay1
      I do like rain and love to listen to it. But having got soaked several times this week on the school run I am getting really tired if it!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast