Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Dear god - the rain!!!

Have been soaked down to my pants twice today! Everything is on the radiator and I'm still chilled to the bone.

I often get caught out in the rain on the school run with the pram, but feck me this is ridiculous!

Chocolate Craving Damsel Bluebabe75

Quote Originally Posted by HurdyGurdy View Post
    Crikey - has there ever been a wetter drought!

Am so fed up with it now - today I have got soaked on the school run twice and spent the rest of the day listening to the rain hammering down on the conservatory roof. A dripping fringe and streaks of mascara down my face is not a good look
    Jedi Boy is 6, the Little Princess is 3....

Tea Lady Damsel Booh

I got wet at 8.30 this morning, and haven't dried out since, as every few hours I end up back out in the rain.......and no matter what I wear (today I gave up and had on full lands end wax jacket, hat, waterproof boots I still got pretty damp.....

Also looks as if school maybe shut tomorrow as the lane was just about flooded (we have to cross a major river at a low point to get up the lane)....tomorrow may be a long day if we are stuck in doors!

Tea Lady Damsel Booh

PS - living next door to a water man (well he works for the water board) it needs to rain every day like this until August to replenish the water table.........

Damsel Diva claireh

I am SO over this feckin rain. I'm sleep deprived again and my patience is wearing thin having children cooped up indoors.

Mummy of 2 now :-)

Yep horrible hasn't stopped here today it's been awful since last week. Dean has worked 2 days in the last 7 working days

One day at a time damsel skylark

My best quotes from water people so far "We can't count on the rain to replenish the water supply." and "When all this rain stops it will still be a drought."

I mean really! If we can't count on the rain then what? Also I remember a drought in Africa tat lasted 7 years. It was a damn sight dryer than this, that's for sure.

Chief Damsel Damsella

The problem is, skylark, that for the past two years we have been running up to this drought. So a few weeks of rain is only making up for, yes, a few weeks of rain
    Call me (Mrs) Damz

I actually love it! I do of course feel sorry for those who get caught in it, but heavy rain always makes me feel cosy and calm.

Damsel Diva popinjay1
    I do like rain and love to listen to it. But having got soaked several times this week on the school run I am getting really tired if it!

Snorks 6, Mr Baby 3! parkejm

I like the rain too although I hate the wet flappy trouser situation. When the weather was so beautiful in March I did love hanging the washing out on the line so i do miss that.
    xx Hermie xx
    xx Snorks xx
    xx Mr Baby xx

Invisable Chell
    We had our garage bricked up yesterday. He window was supposed to go in but with the rain the brickwork was too wet. We had a huge patio put in last week but it can't be pointed I the rain, it would just turn white.

I've got a skip which needs to be collected soon. It isn't full but the garden is too much of a bog to clear an area that I would like to.

I officially hate the rain.
    DS July 2003, DD1 January 2005, DD2 August 2008

Damsel Diva

Another one here who has woken up to torrential rain, again! Am fed up of doing school run in the rain, and wearing dark trouser suits to work.

Am also doubly grumpy today after being kept awake until 2am by the neighbour's party. Feel like curling up in front of the television in jogging bottoms and jumper and eating stodgy puddings.

I am sick of it now

It literally didn't stop raining all day yesterday and has been raining since I got up this morning (so it probably rained all night too). Have got to go out in an hour and I know I will end up getting soaked again

I don't mind the odd rainy day but this has been going on for so long that it is really getting me down, especially thinking about how fab the weather was last April. If there was a promise of more than one day of sun in the next week I think I would feel better I want to put all the winter stuff in the loft (coats, boots etc.) and there just doesn't seem any point at the moment.

Well Ive woken up to a flooded garden and a gust of wind has picked up DS2 plastic playhouse and hurled it down the side of the conservatory. Neighbours are also trying to repair their fences. Vile day outside so it will be a sofa day

Damsel Diva E4girl

I think it's going to be nice tomorrow... when everyone goes to either work or school!

Quote Originally Posted by E4girl View Post
    I think it's going to be nice tomorrow... when everyone goes to either work or school!
    At least I don't work Mondays I ran in the park yesterday and it was so muddy so probably still won't be able to take Em though...

Well Ive just watched a huge gust of wind blow my 7ft patio heater over. Luckily it didnt fall against the pation windows. I cant even move the fecking thing!

30-something Damsel bubbasweet
    Good grief the sun has come out!

Invisable Chell

Quote Originally Posted by bubbasweet View Post
    Good grief the sun has come out!
    Same here.

I went for a run at about 7pm. It was just damp and misty. It was quite spooky how quiet every where was. Normally I'd pass a lot of people, I think I passed five people walking. There were't even many cars on the road. Think everyone must have gone into hiberation.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast