Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Damsel Diva CurlyLocks

Re: Lush animal testing protest at Regent St *not for kids*

I guess if I had a small child with me I'd have not hung about, tried to distract them and played it down. If it was an older child (thinking my 10yr old nephew) I'd have used it as an opportunity to talk about animal testing but also made sure he knew it wasn't real etc.

Back to nappies! lazymummy

I must be getting soft in my old age-I really honestly found the images shocking and upsetting, and would hate for my children to see them.

You're not the only one and I can't help thinking that in the main (especially on Facebook) they are preaching to the converted!

Damsel Diva joanne62

The only thing I find truly shocking is that in 2012 firms are still testing cosmetics on animals

Damsel Diva BonnieTyler

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby View Post
    I don't have a problem with it. It's unsettling but that's the point.
    Yes I agree. I actually agree with it, you need the shock factor in order to gain people's attention. I can't believe in the 21st century they still test cosmetics on animals.

She is one brave girl though.

Quote Originally Posted by lazymummy View Post
    Would people who think this was ok have been happy for their children to see this? It was done on a midweek afternoon, in Regent street!
    In term time, so children should be at school, and unlikely to see it

From the first couple of posts with people removing Lush from their FB etc, I had to double check as I thought someone was protesting against Lush. I don't get that reaction, the company are doing a good thing, however shocking you may find it.

Animal testing has gone rather sub-radar atm, so I'm pleased a big company has the guts to get people talking...

SMOO
    I also did a double take as I thought (from the reactions on here) that Lush were exposed as testing on animals for a second. I agree, removing from FB is a little extreme, when ultimately all they are campaigning for is good.

Eta: the more I think about this, the more I'm changing my mind on it. Despite initially saying that it's a little too shocking for the high street, actually it isn't. It's doing exactly what it should do, getting everyone talking about animal testing. Yes it shocks, but it needs to!
    Last edited by Chickpea; 25-04-2012 at 08:08pm.

SMOO
    I've only just noticed that the woman who took part was a student (from the same uni I was at!) I'll bet she was paid well for it. Thinking about it, back in the day I'd have done it too!

That DM link really dramatises the whole campaign, ie the stuff they squirt in her eyes (which were probably eye drops ) its all nothing more than a stage act.

Damsel Diva

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby View Post
    I don't have a problem with it. It's unsettling but that's the point.
    Mmm, am inclined to agree.

Chief Damsel Damsella

It's shocking and horrible.

But then that's the point, isn't it?
    Call me (Mrs) Damz

Quote Originally Posted by Chickpea View Post
    I also did a double take as I thought (from the reactions on here) that Lush were exposed as testing on animals for a second. I agree, removing from FB is a little extreme, when ultimately all they are campaigning for is good.
    I was one that removed them from my facebook. I know the stand they take and I support it, I just *really* don't need it pointing out to me via a facebook feed daily. Totally preaching to the converted!

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet Chain View Post
    I don't have a problem with it, and if it draws people attention to animal cruelty/testing then it was a good thing.

Back to nappies! lazymummy

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I was one that removed them from my facebook. I know the stand they take and I support it, I just *really* don't need it pointing out to me via a facebook feed daily. Totally preaching to the converted!
    I did as well-for exactly the same reasons as Sam.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2