• evden eve
  • free hosting coupons

Can you recommend me a reliable pedometer.

I'm trying to get a bit more exercise, and am pretty sure that I don't walk the recommended 10,000 steps a day. I am considering getting a pedometer, but I've heard that they can be a bit unreliable (i.e they reset themselves, count too many or too few steps etc.) Are there any that are reliable, or are they all much the same?
      sticky_honey87

Re: Can you recommend me a reliable pedometer.

I've read good things about fitbits. A little more than a pedometer but they're quite pricey.

Damsel Diva Velvet Chain

Omron seem to be a pretty good brand

Damsel Diva BellaDonna

I've got an Omron and it is excellent - it doesn't need to clip to your waistband, so I just clip it inside my pocket and it hasn't dropped off once yet, which is what usually drives me mad about the usual design.
      *** Take good care of time, how you spend it
      For nothing is more precious than time. ***

Make Do and Mend Damsel silverpod

I use an Omron.
      Been busy and got the start of a big clear out on ebay. Please take a look - it's like an Aladdin's cave!

Thank you all for your recommendations, I'll look into these. I REALLY like the Fitbit pedometer, but it is expensive I will have a look and hopefully be able to decide. Thanks again x.

Invisable Chell
      If I go out for a walk then I use a phone app suck such as Runkeeper to see how far I have walked/rough estimation of cals burned.
      DS July 2003, DD1 January 2005, DD2 August 2008

Well I've more or less decided on an Omron, I also saw Silva pedometers which look nice, but your recommendations have swayed me! I will consider the FitBit for future, but almost 80 is a lot to spend on something, especially when a newbie to the world of pedometers ;-). Thanks again x.