Plaster dust everywhere :- (

We are having a new bathroom put in this week (and next). Today he mixed plaster in our garage (adjoining) with the internal door open - the plaster dust is EVERYWHERE, even down stairs (garage is upstairs - upside down house) - on every surface, goodness knows what its like in the garage where all my coats are and laods of other stuff

Going to take ages to disappear from places isn't it. I suppose I just need to ignore it all until he leaves and then have a clean up. Remind me never to take on a building project, I'd be useless.

Damsel Diva Peony

Re: Plaster dust everywhere :- (

I've found it takes multiple cleanups until the dust had literally settled but try and hoover and dry dust the first few times.

I feel your pain. We had every single room in our house done last year - chipped off the artex first, then replastered ceilings and painted throughout - it took 13 weeks

and yes, we still have plaster dust in lots of places. It seems impossible to get off some surfaces, like light fittings. And it breaks your hoover.
    08-02-04 spa 28-04-06

Abnormal Damsel Mrs B
    Yikes, horrible. We had the bedrooms plastered recently and I had to send the kids away for a week, no way could they have slept in their own beds. Make sure he shuts the doors as much as possible!

Damsel Diva Bert2e

I actually taped doors shut with 2 inch wide masking tape to make sure there were no gaps. Brick dust is much worse for your hoover but plaster dust clogs the filter

We had this recently and the dust got absolutely everywhere; it was a nightmare!

We cleaned before the work had been completed which was a complete waste of our time as it ended up exactly the same the next day.

After the work had been finished, my husband and I teamed up and spent hours cleaning literally every inch of the place, so we got rid of it pretty quickly (within a day).