Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Divorced Damsel :D bubblewrap

Re: Timing for a 6 year old's birthday party - WWYD?

It would be too late for us, as I don't drive so rely on someone else to help me out. In fact, it being 1/2 hr away would make it an instant no-no for me, unless it was a close friend/family.

Bitsy Von Muffling Chocolate Lips

Would be too late for us, mine are normally comatose by 7pm (we actually turned one down last weekend because it was soft play that finished at 7.30) I might make an exception for a best friend...

Besides which it's a Saturday night and I have better things to do with my time on a Saturday night than ferry my small children back and forth to birthday parties

Way too late for me. Sat evenings are for telly, wine, relaxing and nice food not getting back at 8.30 missing all the good tv and a good hour of lovely wine time.

Ds is routine boy and come 6 is shattered bedtime is 7 without fail

He wouldnt enjoy it to his fullest I don't think if he was tired

He is only 2 not 6 but I can imagine whatever his bedtime becomes he will still be ready for bed at that time

baby max born 14.4.2010,mmc 6.12.2007,mmc 11.06.2008, mc 25.11.2008

Damsel Diva
    Even if DS1 could cope DS2 would be a nightmare by this time & I'd also be a bit about wasting half my Saturday night in collecting this late.

Mine (who has just turned 6) is still in bed by 6.30 each night. She had to stay out until 8 recently for a school concert and was nearly sick as she was so tired. So I would have to say no to a party that late, we've actually turned down 5-7 parties as well for the same reason.
    www.thepartypirate.com
    Party Supplies, Party Bags, Toys and Gifts

Disorganised Damsel RealGoneKid
    Fine here on a Friday or Saturday

Carpe Diem katkinn

Sorry, would be a no from here as well. Am I the only one who has never ever heard of a child's party finishing any where near that time? 7pm is unheard of here. And my eldest is 7!

It's not the timing so much for the 6 yr old, but the fact that more often than not on a Frid or Sat night we're busy. I give up the majority of my Sats and Suns for football/gymnastics/rugby and parties but I completely draw the line at Sat nights.

I sort of envisage having to do it once they're older but not at the age of 6.

Grumpy curmudgeonly rant over

Invisable Chell

We've had a couple of parties that finish after 8pm. I think one soft play does private parties from 6.45-8.15 and the other is 6.30-8pm. You can have meals provided but at the ones we've been to the host has just provided snacks such as crisps and cakes.
    DS July 2003, DD1 January 2005, DD2 August 2008

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2