Damsel Diva

Crying in her sleep, inconsolable

Dd2 (4.5yrs) is poorly, we were at the out of hours doctors yesterday and today. She has a lot of symptoms for scarlet fever however her rash isn't red enough. Her Tongue is bright red and has lumps. Her throat, ears and glands are inflamed. The GP prescribed a 10day penicillin this evening and she's had one dose. Her temps been spiking but largely she's been a trooper and not complained/cried much.
    This evening she went to bed in our bed and we've been up to her several times as she is crying in her sleep. She doesn't seem very with it and won't have ibuprofen (she had paracetomol at about 7). She won't have a drink and seems a bit thrashy/angry.
    Is this normal? She cries a bit then settles then it starts again.

Back to nappies! lazymummy

Re: Crying in her sleep, inconsolable

Has she got a temp. now?

I would wAke her and give her nurofen by force if necessary. She probably won't remember it in the morning. Poor girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
    DS1 21 DD 18:DS2 8

Damsel Diva claireh

I would phone your out of hours gp again.

My FIL is a retired gp and he told me whilst advising on what to do with a puking poorly M that had vomited her antibiotics that for some infections they sometimes advise double dosing the first dose of antibiotics.

To be that distressed in her sleep would concern me. Poor pickle.

Abnormal Damsel Mrs B

Poor little thing. Have to say this sounds not unusual for a bad bout of virus/whatever. So long as she takes liquids when she's awake and you can control her temperature with meds, I personally wouldn't worry - have experienced both mine doing this in their sleep when they are poorly. But do call the ooo doc if you are worried. xxx

One of mine gets like that with a high temp.
    Hope you all manage to get some sleep tonight and that she's feeling a bit brighter tomorrow.

Damsel Diva

I woke her and gave her the ibuprofen in the end. She settled by around 1am then did the same at about 3am but easier to wake so she ha paracetomol. She seems brighter this morning but refusing her antibiotic and I look like this