• evden eve
  • free hosting coupons
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Abnormal Damsel Mrs B

Re: My 8 yr old's view on childbirth

Quote Originally Posted by Laneyjaney View Post
      I would think telling a little child you get cut open to get the baby out would be more traumatic or upsetting etc than the truth.
      No, it's easy and is the truth here - I just showed them my scar and say "the doctor pulled you out of there" and they've totally accepted it. DD however is obsessed with wanting to climb back into my tummy atm, but a skin-to-skin cuddle or shoving her under a big jumper does the trick!

Ah bless her Mrs B!

Legal Alien Honey Dew
      Mine were all there for Jemimah's birth, so they know first hand how birth works. The morning after Jemimah was born, Edie (4) came up to our room with her teddy and a teeny tiny teddy.
      She said "Teddy Lane has had a baby! Her tummy got bigger and bigger and bigger, then she squeeeeeezed the baby out of her bottom!"

We've just always told them the truth. Seems easier and not one of them has ever been shocked or bothered. I think telling fibs about it make sit more of a big deal than it is.
      I fully intend to tell him the truth, we'll have no 'stork left you under a bush' stories in my house.

I didn't think it was fair to tell the truth to the other children in the barn though, it's up to thier own parents to tackle that one. I just thought it funny how he came to his own conclusion of headbutting me in the stomach from the inside out.

Disorganised Damsel RealGoneKid
      Quote Originally Posted by Mrs B View Post
      No, it's easy and is the truth here - I just showed them my scar and say "the doctor pulled you out of there" and they've totally accepted it.
      Exactly this they've both seen my scar and photos from the operating theatre when they were born so it makes sense to them.

ETA I have explained to E that not all babies come out that way and told her about vaginal birth, but I don't think she believed me she looked at me like this and carried on with what she was doing W isn't interested enough for further detail

Damsel Diva popinjay1
      It's been quite recent Claire has asked exactly how she was born, previously she was quite happy with 'Mummy went to hospital and the doctors helped you out' line. I was honest and said all of them came out of Mummy's 'bits'. She was pretty disgusted at the idea lol. She asked me if it hurt and I said 'a little bit'. Think if I'd told her the truth about that she would have been really freaked! Needless to say she never wants a baby herself.

On our way 2 the USA suemarie

No no I see that , sorry but I think I would want mine to know the usual way as well.

WSS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2