Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How do you remove facial hair?

I have quite a bit of hair growing on my lip and chin, and am really not comfortable with it. I know that other people probably don't notice, but when I see myself in the mirror I just feel I have taken to shaving but when the hair grows back it can come back as stubble, it grows back after a few days, and I have developed spots from shaving...... a lovely look

I tried using waxing strips, but either they are crap, or my technique is crap! Any suggestions would be appreciated, as I am stuck!!!

TIA x.
    sticky_honey87

Re: How do you remove facial hair?

DD has hers waxed at the salon and gets stops too. What about bleaching them?

Shaving is the worst thing you can do to it! There are loads of better options, waxing, threading, bleaching. If its just the odd hair you could pluck them.

30-something Damsel bubbasweet

God stop shaving it for a start or you'll end up like a man! I wax my top lip using the Veet facial strips (pink box) - I've used cheaper versions, Boots/Supermarket own etc and they're not as good. I do one side at a time (cut the strip in half if you need to) and press it down really firmly, almost stroking it in fact, in the direction of growth, then whip it off quick in the opposite direction to growth.

Parissa wax strips are really good and pretty much foolproof; they are the only waxing strips I think are worth the money (and I've tried a lot!). They're not cheap, but they are very grippy, and they don't irritate your skin.

The odd hair here or there can definitely be tweezed (although I find pulling hairs out of my upper lip to be eyewateringly stingy, and generally more painful than a brazilian!).

Shaving is indeed the worst thing you can do, because it makes the hair look thicker as it grows back. I'm not a fan of bleaching, since you can see bleached hairs if they catch the light in the wrong way (and then you get a sort of fuzzy nimbus effect which is generally bad...).

I get bad spots if I wax, I tend to trim with scissors, or sometimes dhs beard trimmer, just cuts it short rather than bare then stubble.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2
    [/url]

Damsel Diva flowergirl

I get my upper lip threaded when I get my eyebrows done.

Slack Mummy myzzterri

threading everytime

I had laser IPL on my upperlip.. had about 6 sessions and did a pretty good job although I think i could do with a couple more sessions. The bits it didn't catch I use hair removal cream.

Super fit Damsel Velvet Chain

Another one for threading - when I had my eyebrows done the lady did my face as well despite the fact that I have very blond hair so it is not visible anyway, but my god my face was so soft afterwards like it had been exfoliated.

Damsel Diva helpimfalling
    I started shaving my upper lip at like ten (I'm hairy) lol and it didn't grow back too bad at fifteen I started going to get it waxed every four weeks or so (£7) but sometimes if I'm in rush and notice a few I'm guilty of shaving them whoops x

Invisable Chell

I have a few odd hairs on my chin , I often just cut them short with nail scissors. I bleach my moustache.
    DS July 2003, DD1 January 2005, DD2 August 2008

Mulled Wino Katoid

Hair removal cream, I use boots own for sensitive skin one xx I have my eyebrows threaded but ouch it's too painful doing upper lip!!!
    DD is 8
    DS is 3

Blog

SMOO

I use smooth appeal wax, as recommended on here. It's absolutely brilliant, it's super quick, so whilst it's painful for a second, it's not that bad.

I was worried when I first used it that I'd need to hide away for several days afterwards, but I get absolutely no redness from it at all, in fact the last time I did it was just before a big night out!

I used to bleach, until I realised that in certain lights I looked a bit like one of the Bee Gees (and I think looks awful when you see someone really dark sporting a yellow tash!)

Please please don't shave! that'll just make the ends super blunt and really stubbly when they grow back.

Threading for me too. I have my eyebrows done every 5 weeks, at tesco would you believe! And she does my upper lip too. I think these things are always more noticeable to us in the sunshine, I know in the winter I hardly notice the hairs when I look in the mirror!

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet Chain View Post
    Another one for threading - when I had my eyebrows done the lady did my face as well despite the fact that I have very blond hair so it is not visible anyway, but my god my face was so soft afterwards like it had been exfoliated.
    Snap. Another blondie here. Nothing visible but from time to time, I 'treat' myself to a good threading.

Dazzling Damsel keikobelle

I've just started threading mine myself, hurts like hell the first time but i suspect you get used to it like you would with tweezing or waxing.

ringmaster coolfm

I bought a home laser hair remover a couple of years ago and used it fortnightly for about 3-4 months. I get just the odd hair coming through now, which I pluck out with tweezers. When I get round to it, I'll do a few more sessions with the laser thingy- definitely worth it imo. Mine is one of the older, cheaper ones which only does a small area at once, but I mainly wanted it for upper lip and it's done what I hoped for. I did find it a bit time consuming though, which is why I haven't got round to doing a few more sessions to finish the job.

Invisable Chell

Quote Originally Posted by coolfm View Post
    I bought a home laser hair remover a couple of years ago and used it fortnightly for about 3-4 months. I get just the odd hair coming through now, which I pluck out with tweezers. When I get round to it, I'll do a few more sessions with the laser thingy- definitely worth it imo. Mine is one of the older, cheaper ones which only does a small area at once, but I mainly wanted it for upper lip and it's done what I hoped for. I did find it a bit time consuming though, which is why I haven't got round to doing a few more sessions to finish the job.
    DO you have a link to what you bought please?

Quote Originally Posted by Chell View Post
    DO you have a link to what you bought please?
    WSS!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast