Damsel Diva Lady Leah

Easiest food for kids party?

Ethan is having a magician/multisports party (hasn't decided which yet!) in a local village hall.

I really don't have the time or inclination to do lots of party food and son't realky want too much prep etc so I was thinking of maybe getting some of those little food boxes and putting a packet of crisps (plain hula hoops? Quavers?) fruit shoot type drink, box of raisins, bag of fruit ( you can get pre sliced apple with grapes 3 for 1 in tesco/asda) and a cake of some sort. And then maybe platters of sandwiches in the middle of all the tables??

Does that sound ok? Would rather not do sandwiches but a bit stuck to what else to do??

Alternatively I can get caterers to do exactly the same thing for 3.15 plus vat per person!
    DS1 26.05.2005

DS2 28.10.2008

Damsel Diva mrsdunny207

Re: Easiest food for kids party?

Could you do trays of chicken nuggets, mini sausages, pizza or fish fingers instead of sandwiches?

Damsel Diva Chickenlips

I'm getting pizza hut to deliver, job done!!
    Mum to 2 beautiful girls and a handsome little man

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenlips View Post
    I'm getting pizza hut to deliver, job done!!

I was going to say the same. I went Dominos as they had 3 for 2 on large pizzas. I load of marguerita pizza, some water/juice, bowl of carrot sticks and/or grapes and cake for desert. Job done.

s xxx
    s xxx

Mummy to three gorgeous boys aged 8, 6 and our precious baby born March 2010
    Two more babies always loved xxx

Carpe Diem katkinn

Pizza delivery imho is by far the easiest thing to do. Plus all the leftovers get snarfed by the adults!

I'm another one who favours the pizza idea, probably work out cheaper too
    www.knotjustjigs.co.uk
    Traditional toys you forgot existed.
    No batteries required, just a little imagination....

Knot Just Jigs Blog

Follow us on Facebook

Damsel Diva Lady Leah
    Thanks guys! Yep I think pizzas are the way to go! How many would you order for 25 kids, mainly age 6/7 a few older and a few younger??

1 large (14")between 3 kids so about 8?

There will always be one kid that doesn't like pizza won't there though

FAT donna-j
    I wouldn't do boxes like that as most kids are really fussy ime.

We had Clara's party today and did cheese or ham sarnies, cold pizza, sausage rolls, crisps (quavers and wotsits as I am paranoid about choking), fruit (strawbs and melon), and animal biscuits. Plus cartons of juice.

They were spectacularly unbothered about the food. The bloody Haribos on the other hand ...

For parties at home I do pizza or hotdogs plus chips.

Wanky Crack Ho Ruby

Pizza is an inspired idea. Hot dogs are also very easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Leah View Post
    Thanks guys! Yep I think pizzas are the way to go! How many would you order for 25 kids, mainly age 6/7 a few older and a few younger??

1 large (14")between 3 kids so about 8?

There will always be one kid that doesn't like pizza won't there though
    Theres always one who won't eat whatever you do. Don't worry about it. He/she won't starve and can eat at home later.

I think for 25 7/8 year olds we did 6 x 14" pizzas and some garlic bread. There was loads left over even after the dads had tucked in! My boys are big eaters but most kids only had one slice.

Food boxes upset me as its such a waste of money on the actual boxes and food that gets thrown away.

S xxx

Invisable Chell

I think the food in your first post sounds idea. I think there would be a lot of waste if it were in individual boxes, I'd just pop the crisps, fruit, etc in bowls on the table.
    DS July 2003, DD1 January 2005, DD2 August 2008