Damsel Diva Lu Lu

Would you keep (ad wear) a dress that...

...looked lovely from your boobs down but at the top was a bit tight and meant that you had to wear a shrug cardigan all the time?

I have bought a lovely dress in the sale (90 down to 25!) It's royal blue, which I believe is actually a quite fashionable colour, and it is lovely, but I knew it wouldn't be great on the top as I'm not good at wearing things with no sleeves anymore (bingo wings etc) and it is slightly too small on the top so it's creating a bit more gathered skin than I'd like!

I bought it for my SIL's wedding and I could wear it but would have to wear my shrug all the time. Would you?

Damsel Diva DKNI

Re: Would you keep (ad wear) a dress that...

Can you wear a different style of bra with it? I have some bras that give up lift and some that just stop them from moving about all day and I find my clothes fit differently according to which bra I am wearing
    Andie

Abnormal Damsel Mrs B

I bought and kept a dress like this a couple of years ago, the problem was it was so low cut but I need a supportive bra that would always show; in fact I posted on here about finding a bra that wouldn't show under it. I bought a bolero-style cardi to go with it in the end, have worn it once to a 40th party and it's been sitting in my wardrobe ever since. I very much doubt if I'd ever wear it again, and still kick myself for buying it.

Anyone here btw want a Gap maxi dress - someone who doesn't need a bra!

ETA If you are planning on losing weight then I would keep it, but you don't sound happy with it overall, and that could ruin your enjoyment of the wedding.

Yes I would, I always wear something on top of dresses anyway cause I don't like showing my upper arms so it wouldn't bother me.
    [/url]

D.I.V.O.R.C.E.D damsel bisy backson

no i think return it - i think you'd be worrying about it all evening and just generally not feeling comfortable...

bbxx

30-something Damsel bubbasweet

Depends. Is it uncomfortable and/or looks too tight? If so then I'd return it. If neither then I'd keep it.

So long as it's not likely to scare the horses if they catch an unscheduled glimpse and/or too grimly uncomfortable I'd probably keep it for the wedding then flog it on ebay.

No, but I am the queen of finding a reason to buy something new

Dynamic Damsel

No, I'd feel as if I was the wrong shape and that would make me uncomfortable

Damsel Diva Lu Lu

Thanks all for your replies. I haven't decided yet. I think I need to try it on again. But in the meantime I've bought another one which is the same colour and very lovely but much more expensive!

Will let you know how that goes