Good hair clips?

Hello,

DD1 has very fine, soft hair and I clip it back to keep it off her face. I normally just buy any clips that I see from Boots, Tescos etc but I find that they slip out of her hair after a short time and also that her hair catches in the join on the clip so they are breaking her hair. I normally use those ones that you bend back to open then push closed on her head that are made from one bit of metal (does that make sense??)

Has anyone come across some clips that actually work and hold hair back without needing to be put in again every 20 minutes and without tearing out hair when you take them out???

Re: Good hair clips?

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Jane View Post
    Hello,

DD1 has very fine, soft hair and I clip it back to keep it off her face. I normally just buy any clips that I see from Boots, Tescos etc but I find that they slip out of her hair after a short time and also that her hair catches in the join on the clip so they are breaking her hair. I normally use those ones that you bend back to open then push closed on her head that are made from one bit of metal (does that make sense??)

Has anyone come across some clips that actually work and hold hair back without needing to be put in again every 20 minutes and without tearing out hair when you take them out???
    My DD's have hair like this. I cannot do anything, bands, clips etc without damaging the hair.

The only solution I found was to keep it short. DD2 has a very short pixie crop which is fab, her hair is growing thicker and looks lovely. I wish I'd done the same with DD1, but by the time I thought to crop it she was old enough to have her own opinion . She has a very short (cheekbone) bob, but it's still looks scruffy and thin, and breaks off if she plays with it.

So I'd give up on the clips and get it cropped until she's at least 3. It will make the roots and thus the hair much stronger

Legal Alien Honey Dew
    I would tend to agree with faith.

Edie still has very fine hair at 5 and after having a pixie crop for aaaaages (looks gorgeous!) she now wants "long hair like a princess"
    I have compromised and she has a short bob.

Personally, I don't like the look of long, ratty hair. I think many folks grow girls hair long, just because they're girls.
    I love to see wee girls with short pixie styles! :-)

Damsel Diva claireh

M has very slippy hair too. I have hers cut into a chin length bob but she stll needs the front bit clipped to the side everday. I find the Claire's accessories little girl clips brilliant for M's hair. They don't seem to have sharp, rough edges like some of the others I have bought.

http://www.claires.com/store/goods/K...py-Hair-Clips/

Thanks, I'll have a look at the ones in Claire's. Her hair sounds like your DD's Claireh, it's just longer than her chin just now.

Damsel Diva mrsdunny207

H&M do great clips and at the best price usually - about 1.99 for 6 vs 3 or 4 elsewhere which is just as well as we seem to lose about 10 a month

We have some with crocodile clips that stay in quite well. Otherwise I buy poundshop normal slips for nursery as we lose hundreds of the flipping things.

Chickpeas hair clips that she makes are brilliant, they are crocodile clip style ones and they stay in the hair brilliantly, L's hair is really fine and they are the only ones that stay put for hours.

Esme and Beau
    L is 6
    B is 4