TV digital switchover - has anyone else had problems with it?

We bought a new TV in August after our old one bit the dust.

We had the switchover last month and around the same time the TV started turning itself off every few minutes (although we didn't put 2 and 2 together at the time) and he only way to stop it was to retune the telly.

As it's still under guarantee we rang Samsung who arranged for it to be collected by a local TV repair business.

It turns out that it's a fault to do with the switchover and we needed to have something installed in the TV which was done but it still hasn't fixed the fault.

Samsung have kind of shrugged their shoulders about the whole thing.

So we now have a 7 month old telly that doesn't work unless we retune every time we turn it on. No big deal I suppose but as it's still under guarantee and we only bought it in August, long after the switchover was announced, I kind of expect it to work properly

So, I just wondered if anyone else had problems or if we've just got a one-off dodgy telly before I kick off with Samsung

Re: TV digital switchover - has anyone else had problems with it?

Where did you buy it from? Isn't it easier to return to store and get a refund/new one? That's usually what a manufacturer will expect you to do.

Re: TV digital switchover - has anyone else had problems with it?

It came from Currys

We didn't take out the extended warranty so it's just under it's manufacturers guarantee which is for it to be fixed. I will insist on a new one if the fix they're doing on it at the moment doesn't work.