Get Your House In Order

I normally love this kind of thing but I'm having trouble warming to this one. It doesn't seem to have made up its mind what it wants to be and it's ended up like the love-child of How Clean Is Your House, Cash In The Attic and Changing Rooms.

It also raises so many questions:

Why only three rooms?

Is the rest of the house floor to ceiling crap as well and why oh why don't we get to gawp at it if so?

Why is it three grand to slap a couple of coats of Dead Elephant grey onto a wall and couldn't they find a designer without a whiny voice?

Where does the unsold tut end up?

Anyone else watching and wondering?!

Re: Get Your House In Order

Never heard of it but I am intrigued!
    [/url]

Chief Damsel Damsella

You've sold it to me January, I shall search it out
    Call me (Mrs) Damz

I've been watching, something doesn't quite ring true to me. This week they showed only rooms full of junk but her garden looked immaculate??? She had a 4/5? bed house, the three rooms downstairs were supposed to be permanently floor to ceiling with stuff but no mention of the rest of the house? She didn't seem too distressed about getting rid of all the stuff. It seemed a bit like they planted the few more valuable items to sell as well.

Doughty Damsel Mrs Moss

Yeah - I agree. It all started off so well but I'm already irrritated a bit.

The 'shouty emphasise every word' antiques dealer that always finds valuable gems amongst piles of carboard boxes/mountains of primark clothes.

The designer is a bit of a one trick pony too; paint walls red/grey/bold colour, add a selection of quirky junk shop finds, an owl/butterfly and a union jack/funky cushion. Job done.

I'd be gutted if I'd sold everything in my home for 2K and ended up with that

That said, I still find myself watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa View Post
    Never heard of it but I am intrigued!
    Quote Originally Posted by Damsella View Post
    You've sold it to me January, I shall search it out

C4 on Thursdays!

I'm nodding along with the comment about people not being particularly distressed at getting rid of the gear. Case of hoarders lite after the very watchable hardcore crew who can't even part with bottles of pee.

Also agreeing with what they're getting (or not!) for the dosh.

Shocking rip-off

Miggy in the Piddle alex

Is it that Amanda Lamb thingamijig?
    Mummy to 4 gorgeous girls 13 9 7 3 October 2005

Doesn't give a *!* Damsel DillyDally

Quote Originally Posted by January View Post
    it's ended up like the love-child of How Clean Is Your House, Cash In The Attic and Changing Rooms.
    I agree. And I hate Cash in the Attic (perhaps that's because all I have in my attic are the Christmas decorations and suitcases!).

It's a very odd programme - I'd rather watch the US show Hoarders online, although I am still watching and recording GYHIO
    Dilly xx

Clean Sweep - my decluttering and home organisation blog.
    Don't save things for best - make every day your best day.

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Is it that Amanda Lamb thingamijig?
    I think that's a new daytime show.

This one's narrated by Jane Horrocks which is totally surreal if you're an Ab Fab aficionado.

It really is a most outlandish hybrid