Low level nausea all the time - anything that works?

I am SO sick of feeling sick, I hate it

I know its a good sign of a healthy pregnancy but i find it so wearing. I am wearing sea bands all the time and think it is knocking it down to low level, but not eradicating it entirely. I haven't actually been sick thankfully, I just wonder I'd anyone had any advice on other things that work.

I'm 6 weeks btw.

Thanks

Damsel Diva Jubjub

Re: Low level nausea all the time - anything that works?

I sucked on boiled sweets a lot, to try to distract my stomach from the nausea. I'm not sure if it did anything to lessen the sicky feeling but it made me a bit happier.

Abnormal Damsel Mrs B

Milk. Had 24 weeks of this second time round, was only ever once actually sick, but milk with flavouring (yazoo type stuff worked too) took the edge off it - plus is very good for calcium.

Eating something bland like toast pretty much constantly was the only thing that helped my nausea.

30-something Damsel bubbasweet
    sour sweets made a marginal amount of difference to me.

Lots of sleep!

Muso Madwife
    The only thing that works for me is sleep and making sure my blood sugar stays sky high. I hit 6 weeks today, and surprise surprise, right on cue the sickness has started. Only 3 months to go...
    Abigail( 11) Ivy (7) Betsy (5)
    ​​

I lived on grapes, potato waffles,and ginger nuts, not sure if they helped but found them quite comforting to eat! I felt suck the whole time, its rotten, isn't it xx

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk
    [/url]

Snorks 6, Mr Baby 3! parkejm

Ice lollies helped me a bit in the very early days and yes, tiredness makes it worse so sleep as much as you can
    xx Hermie xx
    xx Snorks xx
    xx Mr Baby xx

Munching slowly on breadsticks!

Super fit Damsel Velvet Chain

I suffered with morning sickness from 6 weeks until DS was born so tried tons of things to try to control it. Nothing really stopped it or took it totally away but mars bars helped to lessen the impact - keeping my sugar high, it was the only advice my midwife could give me about it, so there was always a mars bar (or two) in my pocket.

Damsel Diva S-J

EW - Ive got some sweets called "preggie pops" they work for me. They were 3.95 from Amazon.

Counting my blessings
    Resting as much as possible, keeping hydrated and always having something in your stomach (even having some rice cakes or biscuits next to the bed to snack on in the middle of the night).

Damsel Diva PRGirl_Cesca

I carried a bag of rich tea biscuits and would chomp on those constantly.

It really helps not to let yourself get too hungry or you'll feel worse - so eat little and often x

Debutante Damsel
    I ate preggy pops, they worked well for me although the ginger ones were vile.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

Muso Madwife
    I've just discovered that ginger beer (non alcoholic obviously) works a treat. Must be a combination of the ginger, sugar, and fizziness. Supermarket cheapy stuff. Great stuff.

What are these preggie pops? Sounds intriguing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disorganised Damsel RealGoneKid
    Dried apricot pieces in yoghurt (from Holland and Barratt) which I had in my pocket constantly and munched on whenever I felt sick. They were pretty much all I ate in the first 12 weeks with E, I lost a stone

There's an iTunes app that can help - it plays background music/sounds which are supposed to help with nausea: http://www.nevasic.com/

And no, I have absolutely nothing of any interest to report, I am just passing on a tip.