Mrs W 'Line

Help, Gift ideas for a 97 year old!

My OH's Aunt is 97 years old. She is being cared for in a Nursing home run by Nuns. She is hugely religious (has an honour from the Pope no less). She is quite a private lady, very proud, neat & tidy & much loved by my OH & his children.
    Hopefully OH is going to see her next week so I said I would get a present for her for him to take. I was thinking along the lines of a nice rug, bed jacket or nightdress but didn't know if she would think a nightdress too personal (my Nan referred to her nightwear as her underwear so don't want to offend).
    I have only met her once & she was very pleasant to me but told OH that although I was very nice I wasn't the ex Mrs W! I must admit I took it with a pinch of salt because of her age etc.
    I want to get her something nice, help!!

Ignoring the rain LibertyGal72

Re: Help, Gift ideas for a 97 year old!

You are right to ignore the remark she made to your OH. It probably wasn't meant for ears

A bed jacket would be a nice compromise if you think a nightdress might be too personal. If you can't find anything suitable I'd probably go with a shawl/scarf.
    libertygal

Kathy Lette: ...women are each other's human Wonderbras – uplifting, supportive and making each other look bigger and better.

Got husband, need wife! Dr Spouse
    In my mad scientist laboratory, getting children to do difficult things

Either that or some biscuits or chocolates she can share with the nuns!

I've seen something which I thnk she would love but don't know the name of! It is a fleece footwarmer - basically like a giant structured boot lined with fleece which you put on the floor in front of you and put your feet into, not sure if it is electric as i've never bought one, but presume it must be? otherwise i agree that a bedjacket would be perfect

For a 96 year old Great Grannie we do a photo album every year. It is supposed to be a photo book, but we often just buy an album and stick photos in at last minute. Get lots of OH and the kids but make sure you are on some too. Then make him write the labels. She could love showing all her friends or the nuns her lovelt family.

After Hours Damsel emsie

how about some nice cashmere bed socks?

Mrs W 'Line

Thanks for the ideas, I shall sleep on them & decide in the morning xx

Damsel Diva Lomie
    I may be a bit late for a suggestion but what about one of those fluffy animal pillows that are everywhere at the moment, or the ones you can get filled with lavender to microwave that are like a hotwater bottle, Debenhams do the later for £10 reduced from 20.
    Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Mrs W 'Line

Thanks Lomie, I am just on my way into town so shall have a look x

Youve got some good ideas already. Probabaly not enough time to do it, but can your DH collate some old photos and recent ones and get her a photobook?

My dad has dementia and is in his eighties and i got him a cd of wartime songs from Past Times for xmas

Mrs W 'Line

Thanks for your help ladies. I finally plumped for a cream fleece bed jacket with a nice big button with pink edging in Debenhams & some smellies from M&S.
    Purple Lady, I did actually go in Past Times as I thought they may have something she would like but it was so busy I gave up. Thanks though x

Doughty Damsel Devon Maid

We've done photo calendars for both Great Grans (one 93 and one 95) and are really pleased with them. Good luck!