Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3
    FAT donna-j

Re: Ipod touch for a 7 year old - pros and cons

Quote Originally Posted by bubblewrap View Post
    My kids don't WANT to play with me anymore than I want to play with them! I get involved with things that I need to be, for safety etc, but other than that, mine are pretty much left to themselves!
    Thanks BW, have been feeling rubbish I have them 7-7 every day on my own and ferry them about, do the various school/nursery/playgroup drops, take them to classes, cook, clean (ish), try to work (freelance), apply for jobs, do work on two demanding committees. Occasionally they just have to get on with it when they are at home.

Mummy of 2 now :-)

I would buy Alfie one who is 7 if it is what he asked for, for xmas

Nowadays this is what it is all about electronics stuff for kids, i dont think it is so much about the toys Not like when i was a child

Alfie has a Ipod he has had one since he was 6 years old but this is because he is really into his music & he always has it on in the car when we go on journeys, he just plugs it into his carseat & he can listen to the songs that he wants to rather than what we do

He is always on my Ipad playing the games on there which i know you can do on the ipod touch, & i no he will be the same when i get a upgrade to the Iphone

I would def get Alfie one if he wanted one for xmas, im so struggling with Alfie this year it gets harder & harder more so as he isnt into anything toy wise, like lego, kinex anything like that

Truly Blessed bluekat

DD's iTouch is on plane mode all the time so like others have said we are the ones (well her daddy) who download apps and she doesn't get internet access at all.

She loves hers and does lots of other stuff too, including reading all her storybooks, drawing, writing stories and making up dance shows with her sister etc. Just because a kid has the latest gadget, doesn't mean to say everything else falls by the wayside.

I remember (get your violins out girls ) feeling like the only one in my class without a Rubiks cube and telling fibs that I had one to my pals, but chose not to take it to school. I'd hate for either of my DDs to feel the same.

George and Brad, free with every BlueKat post...bargain !

Truly Blessed bluekat

Quote Originally Posted by donna-j View Post
    Occasionally they just have to get on with it when they are at home.
    Of course they do. If we were in their faces all the time, being turbo-mummies, they'd be sick of us.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3