is so very blessed! Maple Leaf

. Bakers - when you make muffins how do you stop the top getting sticky/moist when you put them in a container?

Title says it all really! I am planning to make banana muffins today and I always find that the next morning the tops are moist and they stick to the top. Should I not be putting them in an air tight container? Or can you do something to prevent this?

Re: Bakers - when you make muffins how do you stop the top getting sticky/moist when you put them in a container?

No idea but it always happen to me too so will be watching with interest.

Damsel Diva Peony

Re: Bakers - when you make muffins how do you stop the top getting sticky/moist when you put them in a container?

You're not eating them fast enough!

I usually just drape a clean tea towel over such things.

*bump* incase there are more people around now.

Muffins are meant to be eaten the day they're made - they don't actually keep that well - although they do still taste good the next day. I have no idea how to cure the sweating problem though - cos if you leave them out, they go dry.
    Claire xx

I had this problem with my fairy cakes. I thought I hadn't cooked them for long enough, so I cooked them for longer at a lower temperature and no more sticky tops!
    You must give your children 2 things in life: Roots and wings

Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. ~Harold Hulbert

Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see. ~Neil Postman, The Disappearance of Childhood (introduction), 1982

When childhood dies, its corpses are called adults and they enter society, one of the politer names of hell. That is why we dread children, even if we love them, they show us the state of our decay. ~Brian Aldiss

Stress Head! Greenpea1

I always find putting them in a Christmas chocolates tin makes them sweat less than a tupperware type container. I always keep my chocolate tins for cakes

Thanks for the replies.....this seems to be just one of those things by the look of it. I will definitely try the chocolate tin and I do also cook them long and slow, as my oven is so flipping hot!

I thought I might try sprinkling some brown sugar on the tops, so it's not quite as sticky.