Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    wannabe noo noo

What stalls make good money at your School Fair?

It was our School Fair yesterday and we made £2400. However a friend just posted on Facebook that it was their Fair yesterday too and they made £9700

Where are we going wrong? These are the stalls we had

Cake & Candy
    Chocolat Tombola
    Gift Tombola
    Childrens & Adults Books
    Toys
    Raffle
    Whisky Cards
    Guess the Bears Birthday
    Lucky Dip
    Nail Painting
    Lucky Lollipops
    Hook a Duck
    Inflatables
    School Uniform
    Biscuit Decorating
    Keyring & Bookmark Crafts
    Burgers, Chips, Teas, Coffee etc

Damsel Diva clowe74

Re: What stalls make good money at your School Fair?

Our school is tiny but our best sellers are always the cake stall (100% profit) and tombola again 100% profit as everything is donated

Well done on £2400, I'm sure it will make a difference for the school.

We do a raffle and that makes quite a lot, along with a promises auction. Every family gets a couple of books of raffle tickets to sell with prizes from local businesses, because it's been going a while the contacts are already there, but I know this may be tricky to start with. It's also one less stall to man on the day. Last year we did a sit down tea tent with cakes and that was good along with a BBQ and bar. We are a small school (120 children) but the fundraising is good, a few smaller events throughout the year keep things ticking along but the fete is the big money spinner.

When you are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your own failings. Then you will forget your anger.
    Epictetus

D.I.V.O.R.C.E.D damsel bisy backson

i always remember that throwing a wet sponge at the teacher was a very popular stall!

Damsel Diva minime

They had facepainting at DD's school fair, that seemed to go down really well. They also had a stall with coloured sands on that you put into bottles, they did a choice of around 5 different bottles and a couple of necklace ones, and that stall was packed.

Truly Blessed bluekat

Noonoo £2400 is still great. Maybe different school sizes was a factor?

George and Brad, free with every BlueKat post...bargain !

Tea Lady Damsel Booh

Cake stall, and teas and coffees

Hog / lamb roast and BBQ but probably only because the meat is donated

auction of promises

raffle

pony rides

Wanky Crack Ho Ruby

They made nearly £10,000 but I bet there's a lot of parents somewhere moaning about what a massive rip-off everything was.

Cake stalls always make a fortune.

Tea Lady Damsel Booh

Our school is tiny, 60 pupils, and we raise around £2000ish. Which is a lot per puril

Dynamic Damsel

I donít know which stalls raise most money, but the busiest in our school fayres tend to be sweetie stalls (penny sweets), tatoo & face painting, welshcakes (cooked freshly in front of you - yummy!), any craft stalls where the kids make an item (badges/necklaces/frame decorating/biscuit decorating etc). anystalls where pesterpower is involved do well.

TBH it depends on the socio economic mix of the school too. The small school in the affluent area in town makes three times as much as our school even thought we have twice as many children.

At our school each child has to bring in a jam jar filled with anything they want - eg sweets, beads etc. I usually fill it with smarties. They are then sold by lucky dip for a pound a go. The kids LOVE it and it's always the most popular stall.

Just me being me!

raffles, cake stalls, teddy tombola, plant stalls, face painting, balloons, food (like bar-be-que, ice creams etc).

At E's school they raise around £2000, so I think you did about right for a school fair.

I suspect the £9700 may have been revenue & doesn't take into account costs??? Was theirs supplemented by sponsored activities? Or a much larger school maybe? Do they rent stalls out to other people (like phoenix cards). Number of people attending could make a big difference too. At E's they send a note out to parents a week before, but don't advertise to anyone else.

S

Disorganised Damsel RealGoneKid

E's school had a jam jar stall last year. Each child had to take a decorated jam jar full of anything at all in to school and the jars were sold for £1 each. There were jars with sweets, hair bobbles, army men, pencils, all sorts. It was really popular - but the number of children (particularly in KS1) who bought back their own jar was quite high

I agree that people will spend how much they are going to spend, pretty much regardless of what's on offer. The problem with fund raisers, i think, is that its always the same people who are shelling out. There's so much work/expense involved in holding a Fair that somwtimes I think it would be better just to ask everyone to hand in a tenner (or whatever) and no one would need to give up their saturday

Having said that, if you are just after ideas of things that go down well, ours was on Sat too and popular stalls were:
    Face painting
    Hair braiding
    tin can coconut shy thing
    beat the goalie
    08-02-04 spa 28-04-06

Tango

Ok lets get into child mode for a minute. Oh yeah as a child the cake stalls were great! As an adult I wouldn't touch homemade cakes (yuck lol)
    But the tombola with eye catching prizes are great for kids. Candy floss, popcorn, and freshly made donuts are also a good money maker too if you can find someone to do it for free like we did.

Bottle tombola.

Kids bring in a bottle in exchange for wearing their own clothes for a day so stock is free. The PA half-inched bottles of ketchup and brown sauce for events and provided a star prize or two of spirits,champers or whatever and the rest is pure profit.

Great way of getting rid of all those local liqueurs you buy on holiday that morph into swamp water the instant they enter British airspace too

Rather shamefully the bulk of the profit at our local village school is always generated by the bar!

Quote Originally Posted by RealGoneKid View Post
    E's school had a jam jar stall last year. Each child had to take a decorated jam jar full of anything at all in to school and the jars were sold for £1 each. There were jars with sweets, hair bobbles, army men, pencils, all sorts. It was really popular - but the number of children (particularly in KS1) who bought back their own jar was quite high
    Our school fete we had to fill a plastic pint glass with sweets etc. then they have a raffle ticket stuck on them and you draw your raffle ticket out of the tub to see which one you get. My daughter got the one with the tin of meatballs in it. She was so diappointed.

wide and shallow spritzer

the alcohol tombola
    the chocolate tombola
    the jam jars filled with sweets and tut

Spotting a theme here anyone?
    Xander 25.10.04
    Zach 4.2.07
    and little Tabitha 6.8.11

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast