Stealth Bragger Minky

What can I do with leftover (uncooked turkey mince?

I'm making the Greek Lamb traybake from last month's Good Food (but using turkey mince as they suggest), and I've got 250g of mince left over.

It's been frozen so I can't just shape it into patties and re-freeze - well, I guess I could cook them first!

I've never actually used turkey mince before and would love some suggestions.

I'm trying to find a link to the recipe but not having any luck, just in case anyone was interested!

Minky x

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1...lamb-tray-bake
    Minky, Big Princess T (16 March 2004) and ickle Princess T (25 July 2007). Feb 2006

Re: What can I do with leftover (uncooked turkey mince?

Chili-con-carne

In pasta sauce?

Use like normal mince. I do know of a nice receipe with turkey mince with vegetables stir-fried.

The girl's a gorgeous one Lady M's Mummy

There are a few turkey mince recipes in Nigella Kitchen

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/8...ans-and-hoisin

This is very nice I add garlic and double the hoisin/sweet chilli sauce quantities and it's very tasty!
    L is 6
    B is 4

Turkey enchiladas with a lovely tomato and vegetable sauce
    You must give your children 2 things in life: Roots and wings

Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. ~Harold Hulbert

Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see. ~Neil Postman, The Disappearance of Childhood (introduction), 1982

When childhood dies, its corpses are called adults and they enter society, one of the politer names of hell. That is why we dread children, even if we love them, they show us the state of our decay. ~Brian Aldiss

Stealth Bragger Minky

Lilybett, love the look of that one. I'm pretty sure I don't have hoi sin sauce, could I use ketjap manis or perhaps teriyaki sauce instead? What's the consistency of hoi sin? thick? (or is that just me )

You could try here:

marcopierrewhite.org

When you are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your own failings. Then you will forget your anger.
    Epictetus

Stealth Bragger Minky

I think I should point out that this is WAITROSE turkey mince, not BM!!!

How about a pie?

250g of mince is not really very much tbh... could you shape it into turkey burgers and cook them for the kids? Maybe even do something you could send them to school in their packed lunch? Maybe cook it off, mix with pasta and turn it into a kind of cold turkey pasta salad?

Quote Originally Posted by Minky View Post
    Lilybett, love the look of that one. I'm pretty sure I don't have hoi sin sauce, could I use ketjap manis or perhaps teriyaki sauce instead? What's the consistency of hoi sin? thick? (or is that just me )
    It is quite thick and it complements the sweet chilli well. I'm not sure whether anything else would work, maybe combine a teaspoon of each with the sweet chilli and see what it tastes like?

If you can get hoi sin though it's a lovely dish

Stealth Bragger Minky

OOOH Lilybett, I made it tonight, thanks for the recipe recommendation .

I added a diced chilli to the garlic (possibly not needed as it was HOT HOT HOT), and used mange tout and courgette batons instead of the gren beans. I used teriyake sauce and ketjap manis instead of Hoi Sin as I couldn't find any. It was fab, quick and easy, it will become a regular family favourite, thank you . I used stir fry noodles too, not ramen ones , and the zest of the lime as well.

Glad you liked it

Minky I made the traybake tonight and it was DDEEELLLISSSH! so thanks for the recommendation, very easy and yum, though I'd fiddle with the quantities next time. I'm going to make the other recipe on this thread for my leftover mince
    [/url]