• evden eve
  • free hosting coupons
      Damsel Diva TopStar

Homemade wreaths?

We have a holly bush in front of our new house and I fancy making our own wreath for the door. Anyone has any idea on how to make one?

June 2011 Mummies

Oana 12 June 2011
      Potage 15 June 2011
      Sarah Louise *Awaiting date*

Make Do and Mend Damsel silverpod

Re: Homemade wreaths?

I bought all my weath stuff from ebay- you need a ring, florists wire on a reel, green wire strands and german pins, as well as moss, or you could use an oasis ring but I don't know any tips for that way.

Here is a post I did last year with some tips

http://www.damsels.org/forum/showthr...th#post2695941

The only thing is that I did my first one using holly and I would say never again. It's harder to work with, as well as being prickly and it doesn't last as long as other greenery though I think you would be ok by now. I much preferred using evergreen, and I found something else with red berries on for colour.

Another idea which might be easier (and save getting the kit) is to do a holly swag, I think they look effective.

Damsel Diva Bert2e

Here's mine from last year:

I make up lots of little bunches and then wire them onto a wicker ring - this year I will use dried orange slices but sometimes I whole satsumas and rose hips instead of holly berries as we don't have any this year. The greenery is a mix of yew, fir and ivy as that's what we have in the garden. The fir cones come from a tree up the road.

Kirsty's just made one on channel 4!
      08-02-04 spa 28-04-06

Damsel Diva claireh

I was just going to post about Silverpod's!

Dazzling Damsel

Our local florist/interior shop have done workshops this week and have just put the picture on facebook - they have a beautiful one with peacock feathers as part of the decorations
      CaroCaro
      x