. Help with Covering letter - Volunteer Nursery Assistant

I am really interested in starting a career in Childcare. Although I have 2 children myself under the age of 5 years I dont have any Qualification or experience working with children. I am planing to do the Certificate in Children and Young Peoples workforce with the local Adult Education bt I was told to find a placement myself. I have a list of local private nurseris but I am stuck what to write. Can anyone give me any tips and how to convice them that I really love working with children?

And advise much appreciated

Re: Help with Covering letter - Volunteer Nursery Assistant

Sorry, have to rush out so can't give a long reply. One thing stuck out though

Although I have 2 children myself under the age of 5 years I dont have any Qualification or experience working with children.
    you DO have experience working with children, your own!! Though it may not be a formal qualification, all of your personal experience is valuable...so make sure you sell your self well in this area..

good luck!

Invisable Chell

Have you considered childminding? In this area we get 90% funding for the course you mentioned. I'm going to an info session in October.
    DS July 2003, DD1 January 2005, DD2 August 2008

I am not really interested in becoming a CM, because we have a tiny flat and dont have the space for children to come and play. I rather start as a Nursery Assistant and then work my way up the ladder, maybe do a degree in Early Years or Childhood.