Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Dazzling Damsel

. Please Help!! What can I wear to my registry office wedding?

Put it in here rather than wedding as I don't want a traditional wedding dress.

I just can't find anything that's right We are having a very small informal wedding. In the gardens at the registry office, then a meal afterwards, only a handful of guests.
    Originally I said I'd just wear a nice summer dress, then I bought a monsoon one I've now put on ebay.

Then I thought I was wearing this http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/...wear%7EDresses (looks better irl!) but now OH commented on me wearing black for our wedding! Normally I wouldn't go for prom style dresses but that's the only thing I've seen.

I planned on having a black, white and grey theme 'cos I don't want anything over the top weddingy, seeing as really we will only be at the registry office for 30mins max. Arrgh!! I just don't know!

What would you wear in my situation?
    Any ideas welcome.

Damsel Diva mrsdunny207

Re: Please Help!! What can I wear to my registry office wedding?

I saw this the other day and thought it was lovely:

Not really in your theme though - and I'm not an expert at all

Twin Mummy flipflop

I had a small reg office wedding and then a late lunch in a restaurant and a party in our garden.

I had intended to wear a nice dress, but then decided on something a bit more bridal so I wouldn't just look like one of the guests, iyswim.

I wore a strapless bustier and long skirt - the bustier was purple, my skirt was ivory organza layered over satiny-fabric, and I had an ivory wrap and I had a sort of jewelled hairband. It was much more simple than a trad wedding dress, and entirely suitable for a garden party, but still made me feel and look like the bride.

If you are going to wear a dress, so for something that wouldn't be worn by a wedding guest - maybe cream or white, with another colour as an accent if you like. White with silver or some sparkle would fit in with your colour scheme.

When is the wedding?

Twin Mummy flipflop

I know you've bought and sold on a Monsoon dress, but did you look at their wedding section?

This is pretty for an informal wedding

I love the dress you picked out... it's beautiful and really different. Have you tried it on? You could go with grey or cream shoes and accessories perhaps to lift the black?

Dazzling Damsel

Thanks everyone. (Just lost a huge post!!)

I like the dress too BM. It's the only one I've actually seen and thought ooh that would be nice, the rest I have just tried for the sake of it. The embellishment on that one is really me. I'm havin major wobbles about the bllack thing now though. Don't want to look back on my photos and wish I'd wore something else.

Mrs Dunny, that dress is really pretty, not usually what I'd go for but I do like it. Kind of dressy and informal at the same time.

Flipflop, I've seen that monsoon one, I suppose it could work. I may order it. I have already ordered the halterneck maxi one from Monsoon Bridal, but it was sooo not me. Too floaty and a bit old for me really. The problem is I think Monsoon is not usually my style. I'd say (when I can manage it) my style is more fashiony but in an understated way if that makes any sense. Monsoon feels a bit old for me.

Quote Originally Posted by flipflop View Post
    much more simple than a trad wedding dress, and entirely suitable for a garden party, but still made me feel and look like the bride.
    That is what I'd like, I still want to feel special, but not over the top bridal wear.

What I'd really like is a slim fitting, halterneck maxi dress in a print with a white background.
    Not too specific then ha ha!

The wedding is in 2 weeks!

By 'eck Saffy

If your theme is black and white then how about wearing a bold colour (red, purple, emerald green?) so you'll really stand out.

Fab colour, but very simple

Love this

Blue?

I want this!
    Last edited by Saffy; 27-08-2010 at 09:18pm.
    Ben - 11 July 2008

Micah

Something like?

I know it sounds obvious but have you googled with the keywords white, halterneck, maxi, print- then select images- loads of pics I'm not sure what sort of print you're after....

Gold? This is from the M&S sale

as is this - white but simple and only 25 in the sale!

Dazzling Damsel

Ooh thanks girls!
    Micah, no I haven't done that . Thought it would just be too random. Will have a go. I like that one you posted but not keen on how thin the halterneck straps are. Shame 'cos the print is pretty.

Sadie that purple wallis one is gorgeous! THe oasis one is nice but a bit
    I tried a lovely navy maxi dress is debenhams a bit like that , think it was coast, but thought it was a bit too eveningy.

Twin Mummy flipflop

How old are you martha? I always assume everyone is the same age as me (ie, I'm in denial about being ) but I think you're probably quite a bit younger .

Forgot to say..... CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Not halter neck but informal yet bridal:

Dazzling Damsel

Thanks Cosmopolitina. Can't wear Gold, it's really not a good colour one me. I like that 2nd one you posted and wow to 25. What a bargain. Still a bit bridal for me though. I know I'm fussy!

Thanks BM!
    Flipflop I am 34 but in denial about it too ;-)

By 'eck Saffy

Quote Originally Posted by martha View Post
    What I'd really like is a slim fitting, halterneck maxi dress in a print with a white background. Not too specific then ha ha!
    What about something like this?

Dazzling Damsel

The shape is good but the print is a bit old for me I think. Dunno why I think that as I love prints but

(I think I have fear of looking mumsy issues )

By 'eck Saffy

No, I agree. The black print is a bit heavy, it reminds me of curtains. The dress is a lovely shape though.

Is this the blue coast one?

Or how about bright pink?
    http://www.aftershockplc.com/Womens-...ress?ref=lynku

Dazzling Damsel

Yep, shape is fab!!

Swingo, that one is really not me, sorry. Thanks though:-)

Think that Wallis one Sadie posted is a definate maybe at the mo.
    Still googling....

Thanks girls, you are all fab.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast