Damsel Diva Nicolab

Pubs with playgrounds/play areas in Kent area

Anyone have any ideas? We're meeting DH's dad on Saturday with E but he gets really restless in one place for too long...as they all do...unless he's eating

So.....we live in Greenwich SE London and he lives in Sittingbourne in Kent so does anyone know a pub around the Kent area (between us and him) which does nice food and has some kind of playground/swings etc outside to entertain E if the weather is ok?

Damsel Diva Badgirl

Re: Pubs with playgrounds/play areas in Kent area

I think the Malta Inn in Aylesford has a play area, am sure my bro takes his kids there regularly

But this is an outfit! Aurora

There is also Castle Lake near Leybourne. It has an indoor and outdoor play area. Not great food if the little ones are happy, who cares

PissyPantsPosse Petrus

Quote Originally Posted by Badgirl View Post
    I think the Malta Inn in Aylesford has a play area, am sure my bro takes his kids there regularly
    They shut the play area yonks ago which is a shame as it was a nice little area.

There's a pub in Bredhurst with a pretty awesome outdoor play area! And as Aurora said castle lake is ok if you don't mind bad food.
    'You will never find the right one if you can't let go of the wrong one!'

Little man 1/2/06
    Chunk 11/6/09

Damsel Diva Nicolab

To be honest we are going for lunch rather than play area so reasonable pub fare (but good pub food) is also essential really.

Is there anywhere in Sidcup? DH said he thought there might be but can't remember.....

Yes, there's a pub right by Queen Mary's hospital in Sidcup that has a soft play I think, never been but heard about it.

Sidcup Place I think it's called...it's a Brewer's Fayre

Vanilla Loula

If you're thinking Brewers Fayre type place, then just outside of Sittingbourne there is a place called the Bobbing Apple I think which has an indoor soft play and outside playground. Food is as you'd expect (I'd say decent-ish for that type of place) and it keeps the kids amused.

http://www.brewersfayre.co.uk/restau...tails/?id=3382

Damsel Diva Nicolab

Ok now we're going to sound really fussy but...... We were kind of hoping for more of a country, independant style pub rather than a chain...

Apologies if you're now banging your heads against the wall from me moving the goal posts Kirsty and Phil style

Dazzling Damsel

There is the George and Dragon in Chipstead near Sevenoaks that has a small outdoor play area and great food. It won't keep the kids entertained for hours but it fills the time until the food comes and the food is usually really great!

You won't get a country pub in Sidcup

Damsel Diva Nicolab

Quote Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
    You won't get a country pub in Sidcup
    yeah ok wasn't quite expecting Sidcup to have one but just somewhere outside on way to Sittingbourne would be perfect....

Anyone been to the Danson Stables in Bexley Heath? Thinking maybe if no play area then at least park might be good....

Perhaps we're overthinking this but to be honest my FIL is not exactly the best conversationalist so something else to do would probs be a good idea

Yes been there lots. Again I think it's a chain but it's a nice environment and you have lots going on in the park. I'm sure it will be sufficient for your day out. Get's quite busy though I think so not sure if you can book...

Micah

I'm just up the road from you and I can't think of anything You'd probably need to drive quite a bit from greenwich

Damsel Diva Nicolab

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    I'm just up the road from you and I can't think of anything You'd probably need to drive quite a bit from greenwich
    Yeah we expected that so trying to find somewhere in between the two but as you can see failing miserably!