Damsel Diva

Nails....if you lose one, does it grow back?

I had a really bad thumb injury and although my nail didn't fall off shortly afterwards, it is now growing and there is nothing growing underneath as the nail was cut off below the cuticle line. Will my nail ever grow back???? Doc has no idea but my thumb is looking pretty weird with half a nail that will be totally gone in a few weeks time. Are my nail polish days over?

Damsel Diva Squirt

Re: Nails....if you lose one, does it grow back?

Well I once had a nail injury which required a minor op in casualty In my old house the door blew with the wind and shut on it , my finger burst open and whole nail bed burst off

As blood was spurting up the walls I had to go to A & E they took the bits of wood out that was embedded inside my finger and stitched the old nail on . My finger was so squashed I think the sewed the nail on to help hold its shape . Anyway a new nail did grow back but it was never the same and it was a bit bumpy for a long time but it looks pretty normal now ( at least 5 years later )

Damsel Diva

Oh squirt - that sounds totally gruesome! I am hoping something will grow as it is just soft tissue atm, then as my nail grows, it is sore where a new patch of nothingness is left, which the tenderness then sort of goes. Weird. I will take a pici tomorrow! Nail injuries are really painfull arn't they!

Damsel Diva Squirt

Scary yes they are very painfull the doc at A&E said it's because you have loads of nerves in your hands and fingers I know it took mine ages to grow back but it did eventually , albeit very slowly from the nailbed. I got married a few months after the injury and they had to stick a false nail on .

I've lost both big toenails at various points and they've grown back
    LG is 3 and a half years old
    SRS is two and a bit
    House Blog

Abnormal Damsel Mrs B

I've lost 2 toenails and half a thumb nail and they all grew back eventually.

Damsel Diva TopStar

I have lost a toenail and its grown back

June 2011 Mummies

Oana 12 June 2011
    Potage 15 June 2011
    Sarah Louise *Awaiting date*