Damsel Diva Lu Lu

If not a Trunki - what's the alternative?

following book_lover's thread, i am not convinced J would get on with a Trunki but he is going to need some sort of hand luggage for our trip to disneyland.

any recs?

Damsel Diva DietCoke

Re: If not a Trunki - what's the alternative?

I'd say the lightest, squashiest backpack you can find, that will ram under the seat in front, is no bother for you to carry when he's fed up with it and can be used for snacks and stuff whilst actually on hols.

My boys got trolley bags for Xmas off XMIL. They were from the Disney store (Cars, Power Rangers but guess they do lots of different characters) and are like backpacks with straps but then can be taken off and a handle slid up and wheeled along. Think they were about 18. Small enough for under a seat on the plane with the handle pushed down too.

Damsel Diva

Gruffalo back-pack, perfect size for a little one to carry.
    Eta- we got Hollys from john lewis.

Damsel Diva Lu Lu

i forgot about those pull along backpack things.

will have a look for them and the gruffalo one.

Thanks!

Will he actually have his own hand luggage allowance?? Whilst mine were small we did' bother with "their own" bag- too much trouble. Stuff was in out back packs. AT least we only had adult suitcases/hand baggage to cope with /keep an eye on as well as the kids- I could just see a small one groaning and moaning about carrying it , or just putting it down in the loo and forgetting it or something!

Damsel Diva Lu Lu

Quote Originally Posted by thirzasmum View Post
    Will he actually have his own hand luggage allowance?? Whilst mine were small we did' bother with "their own" bag- too much trouble. Stuff was in out back packs. AT least we only had adult suitcases/hand baggage to cope with /keep an eye on as well as the kids- I could just see a small one groaning and moaning about carrying it , or just putting it down in the loo and forgetting it or something!
    yes, he will have his own allowance. it's just for putting his toys/ books etc for the journey in. he generally loves carrying backpacks/ bags but dh can carry it if he gets bored as he never takes hand luggage!

la la la I can't hear you Jelly

Quote Originally Posted by Bettie May View Post
    My boys got trolley bags for Xmas off XMIL. They were from the Disney store (Cars, Power Rangers but guess they do lots of different characters) and are like backpacks with straps but then can be taken off and a handle slid up and wheeled along. Think they were about 18. Small enough for under a seat on the plane with the handle pushed down too.
    That's what I've got for DS2. It's a Bob The Builder one in perfect condition from eBay. DS1 is going to take his school backpack when we go away next week. We're staying overnight in transit and won't have access to our suitcase so we'll need at least 3 carry on bags for all our stuff.