Wine diva all that glitters!

PMT - Will the Mirena Coil ease PMT rage?

Honestly, I don't think I can take any more of this monthly nightmare!

It's getting worse, PMT rage for too many days, bloated tummy (guaranteed to be a day when I want to wear some clinging, i.e my sis's wedding on Sat!!), heavy flow etc I have had to book a massage the day before the wedding to ensure I don't crack with the tension.

I take a bucket load of Evening Primrose Oil and Vit B, but am not sure if they have any effect.

I have given up chocolate for lent and was hoping that this would ease it a little, but no joy. I have also cut my alcohol intake by half recently. I could literally swing for someone today (maybe I should have a glass of wine and bar of chocolate ).

I was wondering if the Mirena Coil would help, I haven't been on the pill for 10 years now, I came off when I got married as I had been taking it for 10 years by then and figured my body could do with a break.

Can anyone recommend any other 'remedies' or can anyone tell me if the Mirena changed their life?

I'm 36 by the way

TIA
    ATG

Re: PMT - Will the Mirena Coil ease PMT rage?

Know the feeling.

I actually feel enraged and homicidal and generally make everyone miserable as sin with my PMT. I've taken EPO religiously for 6 months or so and have upped my dosage to 2 x 1300 mg over the last week with no noticeable effect.

I would be wary of any hormonal contraception in case it would send me even more crazy. Did you get PMT when you were on the pill?

Not really, nothing like this anyway. Mind you I only really got bad PMT after having children.

I wonder if it's my body getting ready for the menopause, my mum started hers at 43.

I don't fancy taking the pill everyday, but wondered if the M Coil would be a good substitute, low hormonal dose, no heavy periods etc

Casual Damsel Daisy66

I'm not sure if it will, tbh!

I've had the Mirena for 3.5 years and I would say I've had worse pmt since having it, but then that could also be the effects of having small children and not enough sleep.

I'm having bad skin problems now, which started when I got the Mirena and has got worse ever since. I'mthinking of having mine removed and sending Dh for the snip (he's happy to do it) but I haven't had a period for 3 years and I'm not keen to go back to them!

It's a dilemma. Whenever you google, you will find that there is such a range of opinions on the Mirena, and I really do think it is an individual thing.

Not very helpful, sorry!

Daisy
    Mum to dd (age 10) and ds (age 8)

Deadly Viper Assassin Elle Driver

I have the M coil and I experience frequent downers when I've got PMT. It seems to be every few months though, not monthly. EPO really does help me though, what dosage do you take?

Abnormal Damsel Mrs B

Quote Originally Posted by Elle Driver View Post
    I have the M coil and I experience frequent downers when I've got PMT.
    WSS. I'm about to have mine out as I can't cope with the PMT, have never had it before til I had the Mirena in.

I would definitely chat to your GP about any other options though.

Wishing for more me time! Amelya

I've found mirena great for heavy flow. I have very few periods now - one every few months and then very light.

Skin not so good. But balanced against the flooding I was having I'm coping!

Not sure about PMT as not really a problem for me and also how can you have PMT if you don't have a period?

Quote Originally Posted by Elle Driver View Post
    I have the M coil and I experience frequent downers when I've got PMT. It seems to be every few months though, not monthly. EPO really does help me though, what dosage do you take?
    I take 1000mg for 2 weeks per month (the first two just after my period), then 3-4 1000mg per day for 2 weeks in the month, how much do you take?

Thanks everyone for your comments, looks like it's not necessarily the answer to my prayers then

Casual Damsel Daisy66

Quote Originally Posted by all that glitters! View Post
    Thanks everyone for your comments, looks like it's not necessarily the answer to my prayers then
    But you won't know until you try - it might be worth having a chat with your doctor and maybe trying it out?

Daisy