Hard pea sized lump under my chin - should i be concerned?

Would you bother to go see the doctor about it or leave it a while and see if it goes?

I assume it is a cyst or a fatty lump or something but obviously im also wondering if it could be something more concerning.

Anyone had anything similar?

Ta x

Re: Hard pea sized lump under my chin - should i be concerned?

I'd go and get it checked out. When I went to get a lump checked once before my Dr told me that if it doesn't hurt and is "mobile" (ie, you can wiggle it around and it's not attached inside to something else) then it's generally ok. Mine was a lipoma (fatty deposit) and I'm not going to tell you where it is!

Worth going to see someone as it may be easily removed?

Twin Mummy flipflop

Is it under your jaw? I've just realised that I used to have one (could wiggle it about and it didn't hurt) but it has gone now!

Best to get it checked out, prob ok though, as BM has said.

Dunce Diddlum

Yep I've got one too, and like flipflop I'd forgotten all about it until I just saw this! I think when I noticed it I was wondering whether to see the doc and then must've forgotten all about it. Mine's more toward the back of my jawline than under my chin, but other than that sounds like you've described. It's been there a few years and nothing's changed. I do think it's always worth getting things checked out though, for peace of mind if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Diddlum View Post
    Yep I've got one too, and like flipflop I'd forgotten all about it until I just saw this! I think when I noticed it I was wondering whether to see the doc and then must've forgotten all about it. Mine's more toward the back of my jawline than under my chin, but other than that sounds like you've described. It's been there a few years and nothing's changed. I do think it's always worth getting things checked out though, for peace of mind if nothing else.
    That's exactly it! I wonder why they appear

It hurts a bit if i press it, so i'll stop pressing it , i don't fancy it being there forever but i guess i shall just have to learn to love it if it is harmless.