Can you put lego in the dishwasher?

I'm sorting out some of Bella's old toys to give to a friend of mine. I'm got a massive box of Lego Duplo (the big bricks) but some of it is a bit grubby and dusty. Can I put in in the dishwasher?

la la la I can't hear you Jelly

Re: Can you put lego in the dishwasher?

Yes, I'm pretty sure you can I think you can also put it in a pillowcase and chuck it in the washing machine. Might be a bit noisy though!

Damsel Diva

I would have thougth so as long as you had something to contain it all in. Never thought of doing that before!

I put Lego Quattro through the washing machine. Put it into a couple of nappy nets (they have a drawstring), wrapped each one with a fleece blanket to pad it out a bit and set the spin speed to the lowest speed. It worked well and didn't actually make much more noise than usual like this.

I think Noo Noo posted a thread in Dec about how to wash Lego. I can't find it though, sorry.

On our way 2 the USA suemarie

I would bung it in the washing machine in a laundry bag/pillow case or something similar so that the lego cant get out.

Thanks girls, I didn't think of putting it in the washing machine Wouldn't you have to dry each bit though But thinking about it, it would just fly about in the dishwasher wouldn't it? Think I'll do as suggested, pillow case in the washing machine.

I think I'm over thinking this

I wouldn't dry it, just spread it out and let it dry naturally. Unless you're the sort of person who'd enjoy doing it with a cotton bud

Dyslexic Damsel sparkles

I've got a dishwasher basket and put lego and stickle bricks in there. takes a few washes to do it all, but works great and give it a good shake to dry it off.

On our way 2 the USA suemarie

Either way you would prob have to rinse the lego anyway as in the DW it'll probably have some remnants of DW soap/food on the upturned pieces as I'm sure it might have similar in the washing machine.

Damsel Diva L66TTY

Whats wrong with a leaving it in the washing up bowl with some WUL for a while swooshing about a bit and then drain and leave on top of a tea towel!!

Nothing wrong with that at all!

But I've got a HUGE box of it, would take too long.

Job done, put it in the waching machine, came out perfect