Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Damsel Diva Katiekipper

Re: Sex education in year 6

The period talk is yr 5 so 9/10 yr olds.Dd found it really helpful. My dd is in yr6 and says she thinks the topic on actual sex is in the summer term.
    Mum to Ross 16, Eden 13 and Beanie (real name Finn) 11 and my 3 angel babies, never forgotten xx

Check out my knit shop!
    http://www.facebook.com/LittleEdenKnits

Did anyone watch a vidwo with Tina Turner in? My friend insists the one we watched had her in

I remember being seperated from the boy's and talking about periods and being given some sanitary towels. I remember when we all went back into class together and there was a weird atmosphere - god knows what the boy's had been talking about

Apparently in highschool our class got to put condoms on banana's but I was off sick that day, thankfully.

OH's sister has a 5 yr old and her school wrote to parents asking if it was ok to talk about homosexuality about it being 'normal' etc OH's sister refused () but I do think 5 is very young, unless it was about relationships and not sex It's difficult to get the full story.

Damsel Diva Mrs Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Fiona View Post
    I'll never forget that video its haunted me for years, i remember a cartoon image of a young boy/man and it was saying how their voice gets deeper, he says "Hellllllllllloooooooooooo" in a high pitched Mickey Mouse style voice and then again in the deepest voice i've ever heard, we were wetting ourselves with laughter
    I think my friends and I still do the hellllooooooooooo voice! Subject of much hilarity for, like, ever!
    DS Born 15 August 2013

Got husband, need wife! Dr Spouse
    In my mad scientist laboratory, getting children to do difficult things

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenFairy View Post
    OH's sister has a 5 yr old and her school wrote to parents asking if it was ok to talk about homosexuality about it being 'normal' etc OH's sister refused () but I do think 5 is very young, unless it was about relationships and not sex It's difficult to get the full story.
    As some 5 year olds have two mummies or two daddies I would hope they would want to talk about that side of things, partly to counteract older siblings or relatives talking about how "eww" it is to think of two men/women together (one of my former Rainbows has two mummies. And a daddy. We have not enquired TOO closely).

I remember nothing of my own school sex education as my mother had already told me everything! If I had to dredge it up I'd probably imagine they told us about periods far too late, so it's good my mum did. We certainly didn't get anything on periods in primary school, but I did leave primary school in the 1970s.

Lurker Damsel Peppermint Creams

Forgot to add, I went to

Lurker Damsel Peppermint Creams

Forgot to add, I went to a Catholic secondary school. We got the usual talks on sex and puberty. But when it came to contraception... we were told not to read chapter 6 of our biology book because it was about contraception...so of course we read it twice. We also had an RE teacher who used to be a nun. She told us the best contraception was an asprin....between the knees.

Damsel Diva

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenFairy View Post

Obviously don't know for sure but I'd imagine it was more in the context of 'we're all different but that's fine - ie some people marry people of the opposite sex and others marry the same sex' sort of thing.
    I'd guess, anyway! Both of mine know that people can have opposite or same sex partners The other day Adam told me he wanted to marry both my after-school mindees (one boy, one girl) so I had to explain that actually he couldn't do that in the UK, he could pick either one of them but not both at the same time
    to go to first goal

Divorced Damsel :D bubblewrap

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Fiona View Post
    Yup i remember watching a video too, boys in one class and girls in another talking about periods

I'll never forget that video its haunted me for years, i remember a cartoon image of a young boy/man and it was saying how their voice gets deeper, he says "Hellllllllllloooooooooooo" in a high pitched Mickey Mouse style voice and then again in the deepest voice i've ever heard, we were wetting ourselves with laughter

Hahaha I think that was the one we watched - did the guy get wiggling fingers every time he went near a girl???

PMSL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2