la la la I can't hear you Jelly

What to get a 70 year old woman

It's DH's aunt's birthday in Dec. She'll be 70. She is very tricky to buy for - normally she only wants M&S vouchers that she can then use in the sales.

What on earth to get for her 70th? We don't want to spend more than 30 or 40, really.

Suggestions please?

Re: What to get a 70 year old woman

I recently went to a 70th party and gave the lady a neutral (kind of pale rose colour) Chanel nail polish and a bottle of champagne. Spose it depends on the person just as much as the age!

Red xx
    [/url]

Proud to be a Dave! nickimacrae

Same age-ish as my MIL and Mum, trying to think of the sorts of things they like...

Yeah I would have though perfume is she's a perfume wearing kind of lady

I am quite good at getting jewelery in the right style for each of them, but TBH they have so much already it might get worn a few times and then join the back of the box...

I have to say as boring as it sounds, good quality, attactive photo frames normally go down well, as they are both always getting school photos, family snaps, etc they want to display, and they never want to take something out of an exsiting frame (its like they have changed loyalty or something, my mum will even store pics away in frames rather than take them out and reuse ).

Photobooks are always a winner!

My MIL is partial to a cashmere or angora jumper or beautiful scarf or two, but totally not my mums cup of tea.

Damsel Diva joanne62

It's my mums 70th this year and me and her are going to Amsterdam for the weekend
    She's not your usual 70 year old and present wise loves anything leopardskin, glittery or shoes with exceedingly high heels ( preferably glittery leopard skin stilettos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    Perfume is always a good idea or my mum loves Spa treatments or I prepay for her yoga classes.

Proud to be a Dave! nickimacrae

My MILs not average either, I buy her new-age style gemstone jewelery, or chunky bright coloured acrylic statement necklaces, she likes high heels and knee boots and sparkly eye shadow! Shes permently attached to her laptop, notebook, ipod, mobile, etc

Mole-loving Damsel sersha

Voucher for Afternoon Tea for Two somewhere? (Always appreciated by older ladies)

Bargain Hunter Queen janiebaby

My mum asks for stuff for her art class , she's loving it at the mo ,