Tea Lady Damsel Booh

What on earth do you wear to a barn dance?

And yes it is in a proper barn

Jeans / dress ..........and the thing that I am stressing the most is what to wear on my feet!

Oh I will have a very long walk there (won't be too bad on the way back as I will be drunk!)

Dyslexic Damsel sparkles

Re: What on earth do you wear to a barn dance?

I love barn dancing!!

depends on location depending on what to wear. I've been to them at weddings, and in social clubs, so ranging from dressy to jeans and trainers.

Just amke sure shoes are comfy and secure (eg sling backs might go flying when dancing!)

Deadly Viper Assassin Elle Driver

Why don't you google image it?

honestly I have NO idea.

I'd go for battered jeans, checked shirt, cowboy boots??

Damsel Diva gemz_scottie

i've been to a few barn dances... depends on what the celebration its for etc...
    Most of the ones i went to were 'secret raves'...lol!
    Been to a celidh aswell..all casual..
    I've always just worn jeans and trainers...

Something comfy and a few layers of clothing. You may well be cold when you arrived but after a bit of dosi-do-ing you'll most likely be roasting.

Def comfy and secure footwear!

D x

Tea Lady Damsel Booh

Its a three mile walk down a country lane in a proper working barn, with hog roast, bar etc for the school summer function!

I just have no idea

I think it depends if you want to dress up... umm... barn style?! Some people go for the whole cowboy boots and/or hats, jeans and checked shirts and some just wear down the pub type clothes. Something relatively casual seems normal and as others have said veeerrry comfortable/stay onable shoes. If you were wearing a skirt/dress you'd need to be able to run/skip in it - some of the dances are quite fast!

Having said all that, I did barn dance as a bridesmaid at my friend's wedding in a full length backless dress with sling back satin kitten heels on . I think the 8 glasses of wine must have helped!

How about jeans, vest top, checked shirt tied at waist or left open, converse, cowboy hat.

Damsel Diva

Jeans or comfy trousers, some sort of shirt/top (doesn't need to be checked, honest ), and comfy shoes/boots - especially with the walk. There will be people there in skirts and sparkles - tbh I think I'd go for a long skirt myself with my boots and a sparkly top for a bit of 'bling' but then I rarely get to dress up. But you'll find the whole range at a barn dance - people in stupid heels and men in jeans and t-shirt

Barn dances are the BEST fun, it's nearly 10 years since I went to one
    to go to first goal