Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Tits McGee WeeBird

Re: So which cars can you fit 3 car seats in the back??

Get him to try the Picasso again UTG as it really can't be beaten for space inside and boot space. I really hated mine when I got it but I can see how practical it is and it really feels no bigger than a normal estate car.
    9 7 Jan 08 4 3

But this is an outfit! Aurora

I dream of having a XC90 one day, I just love them (DH and I went to the Volvo garage so that I could look at one on Sunday, but I know he was only keeping me sweet and he doesn't like them, so we wont get one )

Kat has one and really rates hers

I've had a BMW 3 series estate and a an Audi a4 estate and you can't fit 3 full size across either. The 3 series is tiny, and we had to sell the A4 because DH (6ft 3) got serious backache and legache whenever he drove it.

The XC90 as everyone says does. They are doing cracking deals ATM _ I think about 21K with 8K off or soemthing daft. If it's in your budget I'd go for it.

I have a BMW X3, which you can't fit 3 across in , and I love being high up and the big boot is great.

Damsel Diva Squeaker

Quote Originally Posted by IncyWincySpider
    Our seats aren't Isofix Squeaker (Britax 1st class and two Maxi Cosi Rodi's). Haven't really looked into it as we had all our seats before Isofix was widely available but I think our S-Max only has two Isofix points, the centre one isn't.
    I think that must be the difference. We have 2 of the Priorifix seats and the bases are what take up the extra space. You have to be a small adult with a tiny arse to fit between them. If we had a third, Alex would have to be in the boot in a booster (if that's even legal) as we'd have the priorifix and cabriofix in the middle row.

You're right in that the car only has 2 isofix points.

Just me being me!

We have a renault laguna estate & it fits 3 in the back - 1 stage 1 seat, 1 booster & 1 high backed booster atm. There are 3 proper belts.

Scatterbrain

Honda FRV?

Always in My Heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Frosty
    I have an A3 sportback and I can confirm that I can fit an infant seat, forward facing seat and a booster (although a little tight) . I have test drove a Q5 today and it looks much bigger
    Ooh that is a result in case we do TTC soonish (and all goes well etc touch wood blah blah) as I our new Audi A3 sportback and would be a bit sad to get rid of it.

Back to the OP The XC90 definitely fits 3 car seats, Katkinn has one and gets a 4yr old, a 2 yr old and a baby in it just fine

When you mention fitting 3 across the back seat, do the seats touch??

Our car is a VW Passat and we done (or did, can never remember which ) this initially when #3 was born, had 2 high back boosters across the back and a Primo Viaggio infant carrier (sp?) also.

It didn't "feel" right, plus the seats were touching, so sought advice and was told by a couple of people (Mothercare and Halfords) that this is highly dangerous, due to potential accidents and being unable to get the children out if seats are touching.

Now, if myself and OH are in the car, eldest daughter is in the middle - she is 5 but the height of an average 7 year old - with a standard seat-belt and other 2 either side in car seats. This was advised by above said people and I read up on it online too.

We couldn't afford to get a bigger car, but initially we looked and I quite liked (realistically!) the VW Touran. Loved the C8's sliding doors too

Carpe Diem katkinn

Quote Originally Posted by Lexie B
    When you mention fitting 3 across the back seat, do the seats touch??
    Yes but it's the safest way of carrying them Even though we have 7 seats, having 3 across is actually safer than having one in the back (have you seen the footage of a car being rear ended with the seats up in the back? ) or a seat in the front.

So only choice really! Actually out middle seat is a built in booster seat and so therefore they wouldn't touch if were to sit our 4 year old on that but we were told that high back boosters were a lot safer (head impact in a crash on the two seats at either side apparently)

I don't think honestly with 3 kids there is a totally safe way.

But considering that I used to sit in the boot of estate cars when I was little (didn't everyone?? ) then I'm happy that we're as safe as can be!

Anyhoo, everyone is right, I have an XC90 and I totally and utterly it. Really really REALLY love it!! Only thing is I wish I'd gone for a heated steering wheel

I'm mortified to say I've no idea re tax but our insurance isn't bad at all and is actually about half the amount of our old Golf GTI (but this is primarily to do with having moved out of London!)

Diesel and about 60 to fill up. We do about 30 miles to the gallon.

Twin Mummy flipflop

I can get three seats in the back of our Volvo V70, we also have a Picasso that fits three in (soon to be replaced by an XC90 ).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2